UCLA Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sa177

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been put on the alternate list for UCLA's class of 2007?

Sam

Members don't see this ad.

I got the notice today.
I'm on both UCSF and UCLA waiting list now.

i haven't received my letter, but got a confirmation that i was on the list. does the letter state your position on the alternate list? in a worst case scenario; say the schools did not contact until after you started school elsewhere, would you drop out of your current school to go to ucla or ucsf?

sam

Members don't see this ad :)
It did stated your position on the list. Just high, mid, and low ranks.

It is hard for me to say at this point. I probably would accept UC's offer. I really want to stay in CA and stay close to my family and friend. On the other hand, PENN is a an awsome school though. I just hope UCs contact me early so I could make up my mind.

I have heard of stories where people drop out of their school in favor of the UC's. If you are planning to practice in CA, then I think that's probably an option you should think of. After all, the UC's are much cheaper (even if you already drop $10,000 in the school at which you matriculated), and plus I believe they will prepare you better for the CA license board.

uop had the highest pass rate for the Ca boards last yr...w/ 95% of them passing.....thought i'll share that
but still a Bruin for life :)

well, at least the Bruin's had the highest average score in the nation with 91

Hey Star Girl,

Do you how the other CA schools, like the UC's, did on the state boards besides UOP?

UOP sounds like a great school. I regret not being more interested in their program when I was applying. I've only heard great things about that school.

Someone from usc told me that last year only 50% of usc students passed the Ca boards.

hopefully, i am not really sure...
i just know the usc always does the worse...
i THINK it was UOP>UCLA>UCSF/LomaLinda>USC... not sure about the 3 in the middle...
don't worry you're a long way from taking the Ca boards...
what school are you planning to go too? (i haven't been keeping up w/ sdn too much)

does anyone know how many waitlistees usually get in every year?

at least two got in last year...
they didn't make it thru the "high" list
good luck

Actually, I talked to the admission committee member, and she said 7 got in last year (from the waitlist).

Has anyone else heard from UCLA or talked to Kristy/Ann about their position on the waitlist?

Sam

I just withdrew my admission to UCLA, so hopefully one of you would get my spot :) I think last week is the deadline to decide where you want to go, so all of you should know very soon whether or not you will be accepted. GOOD LUCK

so why did you turn down ucla and which school have you chosen? good luck wherever you go.

thanks youheard,

i just got an email from kristy stating the same thing, that there will be a lot of movement on the list. well good luck wherever you go!

sam