You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCLA application
Started by toothfairyqueen
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just apply to maximim universities exept Boston,U mich as they give more consideration to scores.....u never know.My personal experience as got invited with moderate scores from UTsanantonio, Upenn etc.
Has anyone applied to UCLA. I qualify in everything else except my writing TOEFL score is one mark less than they specify but the total iBT and other TOEFL sections are ok? Should i apply there or it it no use?
seniors plz help
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone applied to UCLA. I qualify in everything else except my writing TOEFL score is one mark less than they specify but the total iBT and other TOEFL sections are ok? Should i apply there or it it no use?
seniors plz help
I am also in the same dilema !!! 25 in writing is jst killing me😡 , coz mine is 24 and found in the UCLA site that waivers are not granted ! heartbreaking... Plz advise us.
Just apply to maximim universities exept Boston,U mich as they give more consideration to scores.....u never know.My personal experience as got invited with moderate scores from UTsanantonio, Upenn etc.
can u plz tell whether yr overall/particular section score was above the cut off score or below,may be missing by 1 point in a particular section like reading or speaking etc..
i have d same problem i got 24 in writing section... should i apply or not my total score is 100
I am applying to Universities for the last two years. I also applied where I have less score than requirement. They send me the rejection straightaway. I would suggest that if you have any thing less than required, don;t apply. But make sure that should be only your decision at last.
I am applying to Universities for the last two years. I also applied where I have less score than requirement. They send me the rejection straightaway. I would suggest that if you have any thing less than required, don;t apply. But make sure that should be only your decision at last.
oh thts really disheartening....even the english speakers born in US will find it difficult to score 25, goshhh ! btw wen yr applicatn got rejected, did u get refund for the application or not?
oh thts really disheartening....even the english speakers born in US will find it difficult to score 25, goshhh ! btw wen yr applicatn got rejected, did u get refund for the application or not?
Hey! buddies! This is what I sent someone in this thread. I think it's better let you know, and this would be help to you who are at wit's end.
If you are lack of 1 point in writing section, you'd better email Sandybeth first and ask her whether your application would be considered.
Last year, I was in the same situation like you. My speaking score was 1 point under their limitation.
So I sent email to UCLA, they replyed to me it's OK. And then I got IV call from UCLA. You got it?
Don't apply first, but ask them first by email. This is from my experience.
Hey! buddies! This is what I sent someone in this thread. I think it's better let you know, and this would be help to you who are at wit's end.
If you are lack of 1 point in writing section, you'd better email Sandybeth first and ask her whether your application would be considered.
Last year, I was in the same situation like you. My speaking score was 1 point under their limitation.
So I sent email to UCLA, they replyed to me it's OK. And then I got IV call from UCLA. You got it?
Don't apply first, but ask them first by email. This is from my experience.
Hi, Would you mind sharing your other stats with us since I'm considering UCLA but I've heard that they want very high board scores? I have a decent pt1 score so maybe if I can improve my toefl then it is worth applying...?
Hi, Would you mind sharing your other stats with us since I'm considering UCLA but I've heard that they want very high board scores? I have a decent pt1 score so maybe if I can improve my toefl then it is worth applying...?
Of course board score is important factor, but I think many of dental schools condider their applicants not only from their academic achievement, but also clinical experience, attitude, passion, clear goal as a dentist. Don't stick to your unchangeable stats, but try your utmost to change which you can improve. Schools would not consider you who are not confident about yourself. If the dead line is affordable to give another TOEFL, then try and improve your stat even though it would be just 1 point. Another thing to point out is that you'd better apply as many schools as possible
Of course board score is important factor, but I think many of dental schools condider their applicants not only from their academic achievement, but also clinical experience, attitude, passion, clear goal as a dentist. Don't stick to your unchangeable stats, but try your utmost to change which you can improve. Schools would not consider you who are not confident about yourself. If the dead line is affordable to give another TOEFL, then try and improve your stat even though it would be just 1 point. Another thing to point out is that you'd better apply as many schools as possible
I have to agree with everything you said. I only hope that the schools are really looking at the "whole package" too. But does anyone else have an opinion based on facts about UCLA's academic selection criteria?
any notification from ucla after submitting application guys?
anyone received application complete status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any notification from ucla after submitting application guys?
They begin their review of applicants in August. I have yet to receive a completed document status. Anyone else?
my toefl is still missing ..........rest all done.. any other news guys??/
updates??
It's really weird that some guys here are saying that they received application complete status since the program admin clearly told me that the comitteee only reviews applications after AUG 12. maybe the admins only review the completion of documents. I agree that the TOEFL restrictions can be really frustrating. however it's better than scoring 81 in NBDE 1 and having a 2.4 US GPA !!
hey guys does any1 know any applicant who has had part 1 score in the 70s and got interview call/ admission in any college????..
Last year I applied with my part 1 76 (UCLA, Michican and UIC), and didn't get any IV... Luckily I was able to retest and improve a little bit my score.
But the rejection letters only came a long time after the app process, like late December.
Things change every year, and things might change even more to next year once the boards will only have pass/fail status.
Has anyone applied to UCLA.
Yes. I have applied to UCLA and have got an email of confirmation stating all my docs are complete. Im patiently waiting for an interview call.
I too got 76 in part 1. I have heard a lot of ppl have got 70s this time. Let me know if anyone gets called for an interviewLast year I applied with my part 1 76 (UCLA, Michican and UIC), and didn't get any IV... Luckily I was able to retest and improve a little bit my score.
But the rejection letters only came a long time after the app process, like late December.
Things change every year, and things might change even more to next year once the boards will only have pass/fail status.
hey hope 4 please i need to ask you something, how could you retake the test again is it possible ?
Last year I applied with my part 1 76 (UCLA, Michican and UIC), and didn't get any IV... Luckily I was able to retest and improve a little bit my score.
But the rejection letters only came a long time after the app process, like late December.
Things change every year, and things might change even more to next year once the boards will only have pass/fail status.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey hope 4 please i need to ask you something, how could you retake the test again is it possible ?
My 76 was when I took my board in 2009! After 2010 if you have a passing score you can't retake it anymore...
dont worry...If it does not work out this year take your part 2 get a good score and apply again...thats the only option remaininghey!! my nbde is 78 its so frustrating, i am starting to lose hope i dont know what to do
Ucla would send invites by the end of september..
no news yetHas anyone received interview invitation for UCLA?
no news yet
Interview call for Oct 13th, just got it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No idea.. got mine at 4:48 pm today. Will they give details about the bench test later?any clue?
I got that magic mail toooooooooo............
I got the Happy Meal(email) from UCLA. They might sent it by mistake. Whatever! There is still some hope left. Looking forward to prepare for bench test, Do anybody know how to prepare for bench test. I appreciate your help.
i received an invitation for interview too
i have been waiting so long for this kind of cheerful emails
oct 13th is the day
plz guys share the info u have for the bench exam
i hope everyone will get at least invited for an interview
i have been waiting so long for this kind of cheerful emails
oct 13th is the day
plz guys share the info u have for the bench exam
i hope everyone will get at least invited for an interview