UCLA Away Rotation Housing Warning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drrrrspaceman

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I have to post somewhere on the internet because of how bad an experience I had with an away rotation housing on RotatinRoom.com If you are using RotatingRoom to rent a room out of UCLA, DO NOT rent from Orli Peter (Shutterfly). She unfairly took my security deposit, failed to mention how small the room was and did not tell me that I would be living with her family. Avoid at all costs.
 
I feel like I have to post somewhere on the internet because of how bad an experience I had with an away rotation housing on RotatinRoom.com If you are using RotatingRoom to rent a room out of UCLA, DO NOT rent from Orli Peter (Shutterfly). She unfairly took my security deposit, failed to mention how small the room was and did not tell me that I would be living with her family. Avoid at all costs.

lmao. So you had to live in the guest house with her grandma?

This is why I airbnb
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My rotating room in LA bailed on me two days before the reservation (booked months in advance) because “the landlord had to come back” or some nonsense. Left stranded the day before CS exam scrambling for somewhere to stay. People are the worst. And my next Airbnb three weeks later (booked months before also) hit me with the “oh a pipe broke so the room is not available” also, this time with 4 days notice. Airbnb was no help whatsoever. Offered a $200 coupon when the cost difference to stay in a similar place was +$1400.
 
My rotating room in LA bailed on me two days before the reservation (booked months in advance) because “the landlord had to come back” or some nonsense. Left stranded the day before CS exam scrambling for somewhere to stay. People are the worst. And my next Airbnb three weeks later (booked months before also) hit me with the “oh a pipe broke so the room is not available” also, this time with 4 days notice. Airbnb was no help whatsoever. Offered a $200 coupon when the cost difference to stay in a similar place was +$1400.
LA is the worst