UCLA CLASS Of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cougar fool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from Noemi!!!! Wahoo! I'm in state

Members don't see this ad.

YEAHHH just got the call from UCLA!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the call as well.. lol so relieved. congrats nitro I think you were at my interview.

congrats everyone, i got the call earlier today as well!

Congrats to all! I am so excited to be a part of the UCLA c/o 2014!!! UCLA is definitely my top choice and I can't wait to be a Bruin!

I was obsessively checking my phone and still managed to miss the call. But I finally got in contact with admissions and I'm in too!!! Who's gonna start the facebook group? :D I say beach party this summer!

I JUST made my SDN account... for the longest time I refused to make one of these knowing that I'd become addicted. But I had to give in. This is my first post!!

Aaand I'm in! And of course they called me during the two minutes I stepped away from my phone to go to the bathroom. :oops:

can you guys share your GPA & dat scores along with your extracullicular/research?????

UCLA is my #1 choice too but I just turned in my 2ndery a few weeks ago

I got a call from the Financial Aid Office on 12/2 informing me I had been granted a scholarship...CONGRATULATIONS everyone! Decision time...

I got a call from the Financial Aid Office on 12/2 informing me I had been granted a scholarship...CONGRATULATIONS everyone! Decision time...

awesome congrats! do you mind telling us your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have received the acceptance packet yet? I've received them from other schools, but have yet to get anything from UCLA.

And in response to mikexima - GPA: 3.79, sGPA: 3.81 at UCIrvine; DAT: 24/24/24; EC: volunteered at a community clinic for 1.5 years, tutored, shadowed a dentist for ~4 years, no research. Good luck with your app!

Haven't received my acceptance packet yet either. Maybe tomorrow?

I haven't gotten the packet yet either... I keep checking every day though!

nothing here yet. i thought it came today b/c i saw a large white packet. turns out to be some lame insurance information brochures. :eyebrow:

nothing here yet. i thought it came today b/c i saw a large white packet. turns out to be some lame insurance information brochures. :eyebrow:

Nitro, if youre at UCLA still you should just walk over there and tell them to hand it over :)

Nitro, if youre at UCLA still you should just walk over there and tell them to hand it over :)

yeah, i would totally do that, but i graduated this year and i'm living at home.

i hope the packet comes soon! i had a dream that i called ucla and they told me that it was a mistake and i was actually rejected . . . i woke up crying :(

noemi called me 5 minutes before my final. i was so anxious, I proceeded to talk to her very loudly in front of 30 students right up until the test began... to everyone's annoyance. SEE yoU ALL SOON!

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have received the acceptance packet yet? I've received them from other schools, but have yet to get anything from UCLA.

And in response to mikexima - GPA: 3.79, sGPA: 3.81 at UCIrvine; DAT: 24/24/24; EC: volunteered at a community clinic for 1.5 years, tutored, shadowed a dentist for ~4 years, no research. Good luck with your app!

makes me wonder why i even bothered to apply there with a GPA 3.2 and sGPA 3.1....... 20 pat, 19 TS, 18 AA i dont even think my volunteer work at UCLA SoD and 1.5 years of shadowing/volunteering at dental office would help.

Damn I thought for sure I'd get the packet by today.. not sure why. Was just hoping. Now I'm going away for a week so I'll have to wait. Someone please let me know if there's some very time sensitive material in there regarding scholarships or other. Thanks

i received a note from the mail carrier telling me to pick up a letter at the post office (no one was home when he came). i believe it is packet. i'm picking it up tomorrow. if it's what i hope it is, i'll let you guys know. has anyone received it?

I ain't got nothin yet, but I'm in Utah so maybe it'll take a bit longer. The top thing on my christmas list this year is my deposit for UCLA :)

Hey guys, I just received the letter today. It's basically just a letter telling you that you were accepted and to pay the deposit via the internet. It also says to mail a certain postcard, but I didn't get one. There's no time sensitive material in the letter if you guys were wondering. So I guess that's it? No huge packet?

i got the letter today too. lol when the small envelope came i was like oh no maybe the phone call was a mistake because that sure looks like a rejection letter... not really tho because it was certified mail. I also saw that we were told to send some green form in but then nothing was included so you aren't alone on that one.

does the lettter say anything about grades we have to maintain?

all it says is: "Your acceptance, of course, depends upon satisfactory completion of your current academic work, including all prerequisites and unit requirements by June 30, 2010."

all it says is: "Your acceptance, of course, depends upon satisfactory completion of your current academic work, including all prerequisites and unit requirements by June 30, 2010."

biochem might be my undoing.

Just so you know the little post card is a USPS delivery confirmation form. The mailman probably just completed it when he/she delivered the letter (if there are little green tabs on the outside of the envelope they for sure completed it for you). As far as required grades there isn't a 3.0 requirement like UCSF you just need to get a C or above on pre reqs (I know from experience).

Did anybody else get a letter in addition to the acceptance letter that says they can't give you your student ID number yet? I want to pay my stinkin deposit already. I don't think I've ever been so eager to give someone so much money

woohooo! just paid my $1000 deposit! the best $1000 i've spent.

Hey Nitro, I'm assuming that means you received a letter with your ID in the mail? When did you get it?

Someone asked me a few general questions, so I though I would post the answers here for all.

what is the schedule like during the first year?
For the fall quarter only, since that's all we've been through:
8 to 5pm two days a week (Mon/Wed, or Tue/Thu depending on which group you are in), when you have anatomy lab from 2 to 5 pm.
8 to 12 pm the other two days when you don't have anatomy lab.
8 to 2pm on Fridays.
*You get 12-1pm off everyday for lunch.

do you have indepedent study time during the week?
The rest of the day after 12 pm on those two days when you get off at 12pm is considered "independent study time". Basically anytime you are out of school can be considered so.

what's the typical day for you?
It really depends on the person.

how many of your classes are in a small groups/large lectures?
The ethics class, also called professionalism and doctoring is usually in small groups held in separate small rooms. Other than that you have pretty much big lectures for your didactic courses.

they told me they're trying to get first years in the clinic. have you had a chance to do that? what have you done?
Yes, we have been to the clinic twice (three hours each time). They basically get you to know about the general do's and dont's in the clinic, and also you get to assist an upperclassman with the patient. You are always allowed to go to the clinic on your own though, of course when you don't have any classes, so it really depends on you, if you want to spend more time in the clinic.

much thanks mulberry! i really appreciate it!

Hey those of you who got accepted to UCLA this year, coud you give me some advice for my interview next month? :) I'm a little worried about the essay portion and how the open file interview will go - I saw many ppl said the UCLA interview was pretty relaxing , but I hope someone could elaborate a lil more - comparing to other school interviews - Thank you and congratulations guys~ :thumbup:

just got my ID in the mail!

sadly i know this $1000 is only a small taste of what's to come..

Does anyone know the accurate tuition and fees rates for UCLA? I have two different sheets from my interview saying completely different numbers.

Last edited:
I am so psyched to be going to UCLA next year! :D Anyone else out there? It's almost Jan 15 - time to submit your deposits...

I submitted my deposit today!! I'm so excited for next year and hope to get to know all of you beforehand! Has anyone made a facebook page yet?? Congrats everyone :)

Hey those of you who got accepted to UCLA this year, coud you give me some advice for my interview next month? :) I'm a little worried about the essay portion and how the open file interview will go - I saw many ppl said the UCLA interview was pretty relaxing , but I hope someone could elaborate a lil more - comparing to other school interviews - Thank you and congratulations guys~ :thumbup:

OMG, I second this post for sure. I have my UCLA interview this week. Uhmmmm any info at all would be reassuring guys :D

Also, congrats to you all :)

OMG, I second this post for sure. I have my UCLA interview this week. Uhmmmm any info at all would be reassuring guys :D

Also, congrats to you all :)

Honestly, just be yourself!!! UCLA's interview was very relaxed and fun! You have to write an essay, but it was on a very easy subject and you got to write in pencil! (... At the end of the writing session, there were eraser flakes (?) ALLLL over the place!) My interviewer had a page filled with notes about me so it showed me that she really cared who I was and wanted to get to know me more! Again, be yourself, show interest, and have fun getting to know your future peers and faculty! GOOD LUCK!!!