UCLA CLASS Of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, just be yourself!!! UCLA's interview was very relaxed and fun! You have to write an essay, but it was on a very easy subject and you got to write in pencil! (... At the end of the writing session, there were eraser flakes (?) ALLLL over the place!) My interviewer had a page filled with notes about me so it showed me that she really cared who I was and wanted to get to know me more! Again, be yourself, show interest, and have fun getting to know your future peers and faculty! GOOD LUCK!!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, just be yourself!!! UCLA's interview was very relaxed and fun! You have to write an essay, but it was on a very easy subject and you got to write in pencil! (... At the end of the writing session, there were eraser flakes (?) ALLLL over the place!) My interviewer had a page filled with notes about me so it showed me that she really cared who I was and wanted to get to know me more! Again, be yourself, show interest, and have fun getting to know your future peers and faculty! GOOD LUCK!!!

i agree with that completely down to the eraser flakes.. just be calm, confident and yourself.. the whole process is very low-stress and the interview itself was very conversational.. best of luck

if you get an interview there, be confident that they are really interested in you.

has anyone that's been accepted AND paid their deposit received the financial aid packet yet? I kinda want to get that all figured out soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you get an interview there, be confident that they are really interested in you.

has anyone that's been accepted AND paid their deposit received the financial aid packet yet? I kinda want to get that all figured out soon.

hey dan, here's the latest that i have from the financial aid office:

"You may hear an early March deadline for the FAFSA. This is only a state recommended deadline. I recommend that you wait to complete the FAFSA until you hear from Noemi with further instructions on the financial aid process. That will be sent once we've been able to make system updates for the coming year. It usually goes out around the end of February. You can complete a FAFSA anytime after January 1st but need to have accurate tax figures in there before we process your full financial aid application."

got the call from dr. sanders two days ago! stoked!

just curious, how many scholarships are they giving out?

got the call from dr. sanders two days ago! stoked!

just curious, how many scholarships are they giving out?

Congrats!

At my interview they said there are 5 regents and 15 dean's scholarships. The dean's scholarship is 15k toward the first year. I think the regents is 15k toward the first year, and around 5k per year for the last 3 years.

toats ma goats....IM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

haha.. finally received a call from Noemi today...
feel like today is the last day of my application process for dental school.

well.., I was one of the two guys on your interview day..
I got a call around 4:30 today from Noemi..
why so quick to doubt? =O
= )

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess 6 of us didn't have chance to get to know each other at the interview. I can't make a guess who you are except that you are one of the four girls..haha..from Berkeley, Cal State xx, LA, and I forgot the last one. I am from Irvine, the shorter one of the two..if you recall, one who studied EE in undergrad.
congrats to you and all!

Okay UCLA c/o 2014! I created a facebook page for us: UCLA Dentistry Class of 2014. Please join the group so we can get to know each other! And again, congrats to you all!

I think the problem is that the group is only accessible to people who have joined the UCLA network (so it now would say "UCLA Grad Student" under your networks.) I am trying to change this restriction, but hopefully everyone will be able to create your email addresses soon!

I got accepted last week! I am having a tough time picking between Penn and UCLA but starting to lean more toward UCLA. Can someone who is facebook-savvy make a group that everyone can join?

I got accepted last week! I am having a tough time picking between Penn and UCLA but starting to lean more toward UCLA. Can someone who is facebook-savvy make a group that everyone can join?
Go UCLAAAA

do you guys know how full the class is at this point?

If you ask future UCLA students which school you should go to, they will probably all say UCLA. If you ask future Penn students, they will probably say Penn. So I say UCLA! I don't know much about Penn, but what questions do you have about the 2 schools?

Can someone please make the group public so I can join since I am not in the UCLA network? I would like to meet future students and see where people are living...Thanks!

facebook search SUCKS. i only found it after typing in "UCLA Dentistry Class of 2014" exactly as is. if that doesn't work, message me and ill friend you so you can join from my groups list.

I still can't join. It needs to be changed so that it is public just like EVERY OTHER "X School of Dentistry C/O 2014" groups.

I still can't join. It needs to be changed so that it is public just like EVERY OTHER "X School of Dentistry C/O 2014" groups.

First of all, relax... I promise it isn't the end of the world. Once you create your UCLA email address, you can use that to join the UCLA network. For some reason, it won't let me change the initial privacy settings. The group is open to the UCLA network.

First of all, relax... I promise it isn't the end of the world. Once you create your UCLA email address, you can use that to join the UCLA network. For some reason, it won't let me change the initial privacy settings. The group is open to the UCLA network.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound psycho haha. I guess I got a little carried away and wanted to join the excitement on fb after being accepted

Submitted my housing app and after payment approval, my receipt showed all my entered info as blank... except for my UID and smoking preference which was opposite of what I entered. The previous confirmation tab showed all my info as proper and I clicked the checkbox to confirm. I hope this isn't happening to others... but I secretly do... lol. Never got any email confirmations, presumably because my email addresses were never recorded? Oh ya then my computer froze... so I wasn't able to copy any confirmation number down if there even was one. Not going to bother doing the app again because I know I did it right the first time. I sent in my question/situation to their ask housing thing because I couldn't find a number to call. end rant :confused:

Submitted my housing app and after payment approval, my receipt showed all my entered info as blank... except for my UID and smoking preference which was opposite of what I entered. The previous confirmation tab showed all my info as proper and I clicked the checkbox to confirm. I hope this isn't happening to others... but I secretly do... lol. Never got any email confirmations, presumably because my email addresses were never recorded? Oh ya then my computer froze... so I wasn't able to copy any confirmation number down if there even was one. Not going to bother doing the app again because I know I did it right the first time. I sent in my question/situation to their ask housing thing because I couldn't find a number to call. end rant :confused:

this happened to me as well...anyone know whats up?

Got the call today, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo stooooooooooooookeddddddddd!!!!!

My FIRST ACCEPTANCE, PEACE OUT WAIT-LISTS!

:D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D

Anyone who had a recent interview with UCLA, would you please be kind ebough and put up some of you feeback in the interview feedback section. I have one next friday there isnt that many feedbacks this cycle.

I really appreciate you help.

Congratulations to you all. Remember that dental school is like a 4 year marathon. Don't burn out early, and make the best of your time. It is like a carnival of stress. Every quarter you get stressed, challenged in different ways that you never imagine. And just when you think you know how the system works - it changes, and then you have to adapt. In my opinion the key to success is dependent on how fast you adapt to the new changes.

Ah... the green fresh faces of pre-dental students... =) Best of luck to you all.

~~ Speaking nostalgically as an alumni.

Anyone who had a recent interview with UCLA, would you please be kind ebough and put up some of you feeback in the interview feedback section. I have one next friday there isnt that many feedbacks this cycle.

I really appreciate you help.

bump

Kinda lazy to fill out all the stuff in the interview feedback survey, so I'll try to answer your question here. I think the #1 thing to know is that the UCLA interview is probably going to be one of the more relaxing interviews you'll have (at least for me it was). You start off the day writing an essay, then you'll get your white coat fitted or have your interview (depends on which group you're in). For many schools, the interview is the most nerve-wracking portion of the day, but this isn't the case at UCLA. From personal experience and from others, the interview is very conversational and the interviewer doesn't try to put you on the spot or make you feel uncomfortable. There weren't any "hard" or "omg, wth?" questions. I believe the questions they ask are used to evaluate you as person and to see if you're normal, friendly individual. Everyone there is extremely nice, from Noemi to Frank the financial advisor to your interviewer. Just be yourself and that hopefully should be enough. Good luck to you guys and I hope we can be classmates this fall!

Kinda lazy to fill out all the stuff in the interview feedback survey, so I'll try to answer your question here. I think the #1 thing to know is that the UCLA interview is probably going to be one of the more relaxing interviews you'll have (at least for me it was). You start off the day writing an essay, then you'll get your white coat fitted or have your interview (depends on which group you're in). For many schools, the interview is the most nerve-wracking portion of the day, but this isn't the case at UCLA. From personal experience and from others, the interview is very conversational and the interviewer doesn't try to put you on the spot or make you feel uncomfortable. There weren't any "hard" or "omg, wth?" questions. I believe the questions they ask are used to evaluate you as person and to see if you're normal, friendly individual. Everyone there is extremely nice, from Noemi to Frank the financial advisor to your interviewer. Just be yourself and that hopefully should be enough. Good luck to you guys and I hope we can be classmates this fall!

Thanks so much for the input!:thumbup:

Congrats future Bruins. It seemed like yesterday I started this exact thread myself, my how time flies ;).