Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UCLA, Duke, Columbia, Mayo: What specialties/residencies are these known for

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by quentintarrantino, Jan 7, 2002.

1. quentintarrantino

quentintarrantino Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

reputation for? Please post what specialties or residencies are UCLA, Mayo, Duke, and Columbia really well known for or has a really good reputation for?

Are these specialties/residencies good for producing academic docs, researchers, or straight clinical physicians?

Thank you so much for any and all help you could provide for me at this time.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. quentintarrantino

10+ Year Member

If you could point me to where I might find such information on my own (more than just NIH funding aka extramural type stuff) or if you want to private message me, feel free.

4. nyskindr

nyskindr Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The institutions you have named are considered among the best in the country across the board.While there are no doubt weaker and stronger programs at these places even the weaker ones will rank higher than most.Like many other schools they turn out a good mix of well trained clinicians and academics.

5. quentintarrantino

10+ Year Member

Thank you for you response, nyskindr.

I was wondering though, I mean its hard to say, but it is hard to find out what a school is REALLY known for because I'm only an applicant and not really "plugged in" to the medical community. However, I thought that some of the schools had departments that they are really considered to be the best of the best in, that's what I'm trying to get at, thanks.

6. nyskindr

nyskindr Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Try this link which allows you to search the US News listing of the best hospitals (note NY Pesbyterian+ Columbia and Cornell)http://www.usnews.com/usnews/nycu/health/hosptl/tophosp.htm

7. quentintarrantino

10+ Year Member

Thanks again, checked it out.

Any more info, anyone else.

Thanks in advance.