UCLA extension MCD BIO X 405 - Cancer Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA MCDB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Im Thinking of taking this class, starts this WED right? are you in their premed program?
Hi, I am thinking about taking cancer biology through UCLA extension.
The name of professor is Rishab Gupta.
Does anyone have experience taking this professor or happened to take cancer biology at UCLA?
Thanks.

How are your experiences with the class and professor so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have experience taking this professor or happened to take cancer biology at UCLA?
Thanks.
Did you end up taking the class? I am thinking of taking it this upcoming fall quarter

Damn I didnt know I was getting reply. I will be taking this fall. My friend took cancer bio from ucla and she said it was pure memorization and easier than blabla. Since Im ucla undergraduate, I assume it would be alright based on my friend's experience.

Sorry to re-initiate this post...I was wondering if any of you could provide feedback on how the course/professor were.

Thanks!

I'm thinking about taking this course this fall too, and would like any feedback too!
I registered for it. Guess that’s the only way to find out what the course will be like. Good luck everyone!

I'm thinking about taking this course this fall too, and would like any feedback too!

Did you end up enrolling in this course? if so, could you please tell me how it was. I am thinking of signing up for this course.

Thank!!

Thanks.
Did you end up taking the course? Any recommendations ?

I want to take his course too. Does it count as an upper division science course? No one can give me a straight answer. I even called the UCLA med school

I want to take his course too. Does it count as an upper division science course? No one can give me a straight answer. I even called the UCLA med school
Anything above 100 is upper division course.
However, if you are trying to get pre-medical certificate, it's gotta be XL not X.
Cancer biology is X series.
Also, he said 44 out of 45 students got As last quarter but you definitely have to study a lot since his first lecture was about 75 slides.
This is week 2 so I cannot say much about it.
I may drop the course if I get into dental school since I am waitlisted.
Hope this helps.

400 series does not count as undergraduate level. It is post-bachelor's, so graduate that may go towards something or another.

As per UCLA extension's website for course numbers, "Courses numbered 1 to 99 are considered lower division (freshman/sophomore); those numbered 100 to 199 are considered upper division (junior/senior)... X 400 to X 499: Generally post-baccalaureate credit-bearing courses and lecture series in professional fields."

Anything above 100 is upper division course.
However, if you are trying to get pre-medical certificate, it's gotta be XL not X.
Cancer biology is X series.
Also, he said 44 out of 45 students got As last quarter but you definitely have to study a lot since his first lecture was about 75 slides.
This is week 2 so I cannot say much about it.
I may drop the course if I get into dental school since I am waitlisted.
Hope this helps.

Did you end up finishing the course? If so, how was it?
44/45 A's though...on the surface seems like an easy class?