-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCLA Extension
Started by Zohaib86
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard good things about the Introductory Science certificate offered by UCLA Extension? They offer financial aid as well. Seems like a good opportunity for someone working full-time because of the night and weekend classes.
It's a program that allows you to take premed requirements and some upper division as well. You get fin aid in the form of loans only! It's $6000 for a whole year. You need to fill out the fafsa.
If you are interested in grants, it is offered through UCLA Extension per class. I think you have to apply through Extension. I think you get $400 a class, but I hear it is hard to get.
F
Foghorn
http://www.uclaextension.edu/
Edit: Go to the 7th floor office in the Extension Building located on the northwest corner of Gayley and Le Conte for an administrator to help you with specific questions.
Edit: Go to the 7th floor office in the Extension Building located on the northwest corner of Gayley and Le Conte for an administrator to help you with specific questions.
F
Foghorn
If you're planning on taking the General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics and Life Science series you're going to need more most likely 2 years to complete the course work which is how long it took my older cousin to finish the required classes. Extension doesn't offer labs for either Chemistry series and the only way to register for these is via concurrent enrollment i.e., taking labs offered by UCLA to its students which means you will be low man/woman on the totem pole with regards to enrollment priority.Thanks for the information!
Anyone planning to attend? I plan to start during this summer and try to finish my pre-reqs within a year (2 summers, fall, winter, spring).
Except for Life Sciences, Extension offers the other series sequentially therefore, if you miss one of the classes offered during a particular quarter in any series, you either have to wait another year or take the class via concurrent enrollment. The Physics is Calculus based and you most likely won't be allowed to enroll if you have not completed, up to and including, the equivalent of Math 3C. The prequisite for Math 3C is Math 3B which in turn requires satisfactory completion of Math 3A.
take the labs during the summer (through UCLA's regular summer school website). this allows you to not have to wait for everyone to get in, then hope and pray there is an opening. Also ,you can take one session A and one session c. I am pretty sure they still offer most of them over the summer. You enroll in feb/march/or april for summer school I think. http://www.summer.ucla.edu/
Has anyone taken upper-level sciences there? I'm planning to finish my pre-reqs by graduation and want to find a school where I can take more science classes post-bacc. How are the classes? Grade deflation/inflation? Competitiveness? I'd imagine so...
hi everyone,
if I just want to take a couple of courses at UCLA ext. this summer to boost my gpa while i'm applying, would this be possible?? b/c i only see the certification program, but i already completed all my pre-reqs.
thanks!
if I just want to take a couple of courses at UCLA ext. this summer to boost my gpa while i'm applying, would this be possible?? b/c i only see the certification program, but i already completed all my pre-reqs.
thanks!
summer classes at ucla are open to everyone. http://www.summer.ucla.edu/
summer classes at ucla are open to everyone. http://www.summer.ucla.edu/
cool, thanks very much...off the bat, non-UC students owe $100 bucks 🙁
ah well, whatever it takes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear the classes are difficult. I have been accepted into the science certificate program and am looking to start this quarter. I don't know of any negatives surrounding the program and can only imagine that it has a positive reputation because of UCLA.
Please email me. I'd love to share stories and experiences.
Please email me. I'd love to share stories and experiences.
does anyone know if UCLA extension's online courses count for med schools? i have already graduated with a degree in bio from a UC so i'm not talking about major pre-reqs...just a few classes to boost my gpa
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 12K