mango6110

10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status
I have heard that if you are scheduled to interview with a medical student rather than a faculty member, it means that you are on the bottom tier of applicants requested to interview.....does anybody know anything about that...

i also read that sometimes people have two interviews while others have one....is there an advantage??

thanks

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
Los Angeles, Calif.
Visit site
Status
i was told that each student always gets a faculty interview. they may or may not get a student interview. why? i dont know. i think if the student has time and want to get to know you more, then they will meet you. keep in mind that the interviewer, student or faculty, is on the adcom. and let me make it clear, i was told ALL students get at least a faculty.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
docmemi is correct. Everyone gets a faculty member. Whether or not one gets a student interviewer is variable.

docinthemaking

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I was the only person (out of four) assigned a student and faculty interviewer my interview day. However, I'm actually glad that I had both because I was able to learn about UCLA from both a student and faculty perspective i.e. I had some questions answered by the student that I probably wouldn't have been able to ask the faculty member. And since the student sits on the adcom as well, I saw it as two chances to make a favorable impression. The student assured me that those who are given a second interview are not being singled out. It was more a matter of the interviewers' schedules.