UCLA Interviews in March Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard or received an interview invite recently? I keep checking and they keep telling me to sit tight and that more interviews are going to be handed out...this wait is killing me though!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody heard or received an interview invite recently? I keep checking and they keep telling me to sit tight and that more interviews are going to be handed out...this wait is killing me though!

Same here. When was your application considered complete? I got an e-mail saying it was complete back in October =(

Don't hold your breath. They are known to completely ignore applicants whom they deem unworthy. If you don't have a GREAT GPA/DAT there is no hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's considered a good GPA for UCLA?

I am just guessing, but it is my understanding that as the cycle progresses there is more competition, because there are less spots to be filled. From day one UCLA is really competitive, and I can only guess how tough it will be to get an interview now. In some of the material that UCLA sent me when I applied they wrote about their skyrocketing averages in GPA/DAT, and if you look on predents right now their average sci GPA is like 3.8, and their DAT averages are: 22/22/23. That is pretty high. In my opinion UCLA is one of the schools who really weigh GPA/DAT highly. I am sure there will be individuals with weaker numbers, but they are the exception, and not the rule.
I have known quite a few individuals with good, but not great numbers who have applied, filled out a second, and then never hear from them again.

I just got invited for an interview as of right now and scheduled for March 30. Late in the cycle and I'm not holding my breath for an acceptance. Better to try than nothing though since Im from LA anyway!

im shocked, I just got an interview invite too, I don't know how...my stats aren't near their caliber but whatever, finally some good news after 3 months of disapointment.

Just got an invite from Neomi as well. Yay!

Interview Invite! Not bankin on it too much though, since its pretty late, and my stats aren't exactly jaw-dropping. But def a good feeling that I'm worthy of an interview at Ookla :)

2 of my friends got in after an interview for the waitlist last year.

Don't give up! It'll show.

GL!

Congrats to everyone who just got interviews! :) How did Noemi notify you? Phone call or via email?? I'm still crossing my fingers for one :xf:

Congrats to everyone who just got interviews! :) How did Noemi notify you? Phone call or via email?? I'm still crossing my fingers for one :xf:

Email bud. Hope you hear from them soon! There were 3 dates available: March 30, April 6 and 9.

I chose March 30th, anyone else going that day?

CalDent said:
Email bud. Hope you hear from them soon! There were 3 dates available: March 30, April 6 and 9.

I chose the 30th as well

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys mind posting your stats? and when you applied and filled out the secondary?

thanks!

could this be the last interview dates? it's getting pretty late now :(

could this be the last interview dates? it's getting pretty late now :(

I'm not sure if those are the last interview dates, but here is what was stated in the e-mail:

"As it is near the end of our interview process, we would like to inform you that a successful interview may not guarantee a position in the Class of 2014. If this is the case, you will be placed on our waiting list."

Good luck

So I looked up last year's thread on UCLA interviews, and there was 1 more wave of interviews after this round, but that was just for alternate spots. However, few people got accepted right away even though they were invited to interview for alternate spots. So, there is still some hope.

So I looked up last year's thread on UCLA interviews, and there was 1 more wave of interviews after this round, but that was just for alternate spots. However, few people got accepted right away even though they were invited to interview for alternate spots. So, there is still some hope.

thanks for looking that up =) .. i really hope that is the case!

Great to hear. Do you know how soon they got accepted after the interview or how long they waited to hear?

Noemi told me they let you know in a week. That is something i LOVE about UCLA, after you interview,they don't just let you hang months on end....

btw is their been anyone on the waitlist? Or are they only now going to add people onto waitlists

Hello~~

I think the choices were March 30, April 6, and April 9 (correct me if wrong).:p

those of you that are getting interviews, can you share your stats?

do you know if they are going to give out more interviews? are they going to be for alternate spots?

Same here. When was your application considered complete? I got an e-mail saying it was complete back in October =(
I was complete in October as well, and I have had contact with them for quite some time but no interview invite as of yet...Noemi keeps telling me my app is under review so hopefully I will get some good news soon!

There are STILL interview invitations going out.
i just received mine about 5 minutes ago!
available dates are Tuesday April 6, Friday April 9, and Friday April 16
Good luck to everyone! :)

just got an invite also! im assuming the class is relatively full now right?

do you know when they'll be sending out the rejection emails?

Withdrew my application & declined my interview on 3/30. Good luck to everyone! You may be offered that date! :)

Hopefully I get a call

Does anyone know if this is the last round of interview invites?

did you get a chance to ask her when the rejection emails would be sent?