UCLA laptop requirements...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harrygt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate any details from the current students.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They got finals going on dude. Wait a week and bump.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody from UCLA on SDN? :eek:

Generally there aren't too many of us on here. I only know of myself and probably about 2-3 others from my class who are active on here. We just had our finals last week and people are leaving for breaks.

Regarding your question, UCLA has a requirement for Dell laptops, such as the D and E series. However, many of my classmates have non-Dell laptops, and so far there hasn't been any disciplinary actions or enforcements on the issue. Supposedly the Dell stipulation is to ensure uniformity in clinic, but I don't understand completely how that works. My feeling is that it's probably not that important (although they make it sound like it is), but you can write Noemi for further details if needed.

Generally there aren't too many of us on here. I only know of myself and probably about 2-3 others from my class who are active on here. We just had our finals last week and people are leaving for breaks.

Regarding your question, UCLA has a requirement for Dell laptops, such as the D and E series. However, many of my classmates have non-Dell laptops, and so far there hasn't been any disciplinary actions or enforcements on the issue. Supposedly the Dell stipulation is to ensure uniformity in clinic, but I don't understand completely how that works. My feeling is that it's probably not that important (although they make it sound like it is), but you can write Noemi for further details if needed.
Got it! Thanks.

Hey all!

I'm entering D1 this year at UCLA and the laptop program scares me. What exactly are the "necessary software and peripherals" that come with the Dell Laptops?

This was helpful (quote below) but I was wondering what, specifically, was running/interacting with these laptops (that IT thinks would be incapable of running/working with other machines).

Thanks for your help!