UCLA, Loma Linda, USC, UCSFand UOP and related waiting lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prinzmetal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of us are fortunate to be accepted in more than one school in California, and some less fortunate and are in waiting lists or alternate lists.
PLZ let the others know what your plans are ( if any yet) ,
Waiting on a waiting list is an aweful feeling, and you may lose your other chances while you think you have chances in this waiting list.
If you are one of those more fortunate people plz let the others know about your decision , and also let the school know so they can ask people on waiting lists about their acceptance.
Thank you for being considerate and kind.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been getting quite a few PMs about this in the last few days and was waiting for the Cali schools to send out their acceptances before I wrote anything.

I applied for the class of '06 and was on the waitlist. It was not the best phase of my life. I was accepted at Penn on the same day as my interview and the first thing I did,after calling up my near and dear ones, was call all the other schools and withdraw my application,as Penn was where I wanted to go.

As a Moderator and some one who has been there and done that on both sides of the table, I would like to make a STRONG request to all those who have been accepted at multiple schools to make a quick decision and be even quicker to let those schools know where you are not joining.

We all are one big family and we have to help each other. This is one of the best ways we can help those who are on the W/L.

Thank you.

Could not have said it better myself! The next two weeks are critical for many of us since UCSF will have their decisions out this week (probably Monday or Tuesday) and Univ. of Pacific will be making theirs' soon as well. so California will be completed. I personally know a few people who have been accepted at two or more schools and they have made their decision (and they have informed the other schools of their decision).

Once everything is sorted out this month, please inform all the other schools of your decision (including NYU, since they can cross you off their interview call list). Hopefully their is enough room in these schools for all of us :)

BDS-DMD said:
I have been getting quite a few PMs about this in the last few days and was waiting for the Cali schools to send out their acceptances before I wrote anything.

I applied for the class of '06 and was on the waitlist. It was not the best phase of my life. I was accepted at Penn on the same day as my interview and the first thing I did,after calling up my near and dear ones, was call all the other schools and withdraw my application,as Penn was where I wanted to go.

As a Moderator and some one who has been there and done that on both sides of the table, I would like to make a STRONG request to all those who have been accepted at multiple schools to make a quick decision and be even quicker to let those schools know where you are not joining.

We all are one big family and we have to help each other. This is one of the best ways we can help those who are on the W/L.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Desi-Dentist said:
Could not have said it better myself! The next two weeks are critical for many of us since UCSF will have their decisions out this week (probably Monday or Tuesday) and Univ. of Pacific will be making theirs' soon as well. so California will be completed. I personally know a few people who have been accepted at two or more schools and they have made their decision (and they have informed the other schools of their decision).

Once everything is sorted out this month, please inform all the other schools of your decision (including NYU, since they can cross you off their interview call list). Hopefully their is enough room in these schools for all of us :)
thank u folks for being concerned for the people who are in their critical positions with only a one or few colleges in hand.

Hey I agree!
each school has its merits and demerits..it will great if students can make up their minds soon and inform other schools so that rest of us on waiting lists have a decent chance to get in! :thumbup:
there are so many students who are not even aware of such a thing called SDN! :cool: ..well hopefully they will make up their minds too..and also so many who are just lurkers at sdn..who just BROWSE for info..and are so afraid to post! :p ;)
Thanks
Good Luck
ta :luck:

Desi-Dentist said:

Toothavenue said:
Hey I agree!
each school has its merits and demerits..it will great if students can make up their minds soon and inform other schools so that rest of us on waiting lists have a decent chance to get in! :thumbup:
there are so many students who are not even aware of such a thing called SDN! :cool: ..well hopefully they will make up their minds too..and also so many who are just lurkers at sdn..who just BROWSE for info..and are so afraid to post! :p ;)
Thanks
Good Luck
ta :luck:
i agree too
u said it

UCLA/ UOP/ USC/ UCSF/ BU/ UPENN/
Hey guys..
kindly make up your minds about the choosing the schools and let the rest of the schools know that you will not be taking their offer so that others on the waitlist at schools get an equal chance of getting an acceptance sooner this year.....
Good Luck :thumbup:
ta

Desi-Dentist said:

Prinzmetal said:
Some of us are fortunate to be accepted in more than one school in California, and some less fortunate and are in waiting lists or alternate lists.
PLZ let the others know what your plans are ( if any yet) ,
Waiting on a waiting list is an aweful feeling, and you may lose your other chances while you think you have chances in this waiting list.
If you are one of those more fortunate people plz let the others know about your decision , and also let the school know so they can ask people on waiting lists about their acceptance.
Thank you for being considerate and kind.

Hi

To all of you who are on the waiting list for these schools, best of luck. Hope you all will get a place in the end :luck: