UCLA Perceptorship?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Please put your information and views concerning the UCLA Perceptorship program for foreign trained dentists,really want inputs on this...badly confused about this program...please help.....:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

y is no one putting any info....:mad: is it that all r busy in their own stuff...i thought we r here to share,learn n help each other....i think i m rong :confused: ...u r dissapointing me guys...i need to send in the applications soon in case i hv to tk the program....n its matter of time n $$$$...yeah...so wish to know views on this program....especially AEGD perceptorship....
thanks

hi how are you , I am also thinking on applying to UCLA s preceptorships , I am between prostho and aegd , but i am still waiting to be call from Boston and NYU ,
so be aware that once you apply and they accept you at UCLA I read at the web site that you got two weeks to make a 5000 $ deposit.
So what I am trying to tell you is to be aware of the timing , imagine you get called from NYU and get accepted and you have already made the 5000$ deposits grrrrruuu , right?
But if you are not waiting to get into any advanced standing so go and apply to UCLA.
By the way ,for how long are you thinking on doing it and how are you thinking on paying the preceptorship , Loan ? if yes , what kind of loan?
good luck and do not get angry with the world
best wishes :)

Members don't see this ad :)
its worth it if u want to apply for a long term preceptorship. hospital dentistry lets u handle patients only after 6 months into the preceptorship at the chairman's prerogative, aegd is useless, esthetic dentistry gives u ample of patients but u need to enroll for full 2 years with huge costs/ fees. prostho- well no clinical experience. dr. beumer is a famous prosthodontist-he conducts lectures, u can get some practice of drilling implants and stuff on models but overall apart from esthetic dentstry its not worth spending so much to no avail. hope this helps.

Thank you Loco and Dentistdentist...i am thinking its a huge money involved and stay in LA is not going to be cheap either...the cost of the program goes much above 7000$ for a semester...so buddies ur suggestions accepted,thanks...
besties

Hi Guys,
UCLA does offer some other perceptorship courses too like in implants,oral sugery,orhodontics,periodontics.Can you please throw somelight if somebody has to come as a F-1 student which one would be cheaper and best?
Thanks,
molaris

Hi I am doing preceptor program in UCLA now in Implantology
I just want to drop here few info about these programs

Implant and prostho program- no chance to work on patients but its a good chance to listen Dr Beumer's lectures
Ortho and esthetics- you can work on patients but very expensive
ortho-11,500USD per quarter
esthetic-5,500/quarter
Orofacial pain- can work with pts if u are there for 1 yr
pedo/gpr you can work on patients if u enroll for 1 yr
all other depts just observational
but one thing - you have to bear all expenses( not even a single penny u get from the depts)
and 1 more advice- people who are planning to go to DDS after these programs at UCLA pls dont keep an idea that u will receive some help in the admission process.... its purely based on ur part1 score and GPA
best of luck
YETI

heyy i am a student in faculty of dentistry ain shams university egypt
i read about perception program of ucla but i couldnt assume what is the benefit of attending this program
it will increase my skills for 3 monthes only or it will help me in something more ?/
will i get paid when working in the univerisity
thank u