UCLA Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NorwegianRepresentative

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In all the stress of figuring things out for applying, I couldn't help but find the humor in the irony of UCLA's admission requirements:

"English - One year of college English to include the stude of English composition"

If they can't even spell the description correctly, I don't think that we should be required to take English courses.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just disappointed that AP credits aren't accepted. While I imagine, or hope, that advice to incoming pre-med students is now different where I went to school, I am a bit frustrated that I was not made aware that college chemistry courses were required by a handful of medical schools for admission.*

*(It's been more than a few years since I was in college, and plenty of the blame falls on myself for not doing my own research then and now.)
 
In all the stress of figuring things out for applying, I couldn't help but find the humor in the irony of UCLA's admission requirements:

"English - One year of college English to include the stude of English composition"

If they can't even spell the description correctly, I don't think that we should be required to take English courses.....
Maybe they are trying to be cool with the new generation of students? 😉