UCLA Psychobiology vs Neuroscience

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

laneyshadow

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'll be entering UCLA as a pre-Med freshman, and I am debating between majoring in psychobiology or neuroscience. I heard psychobiology would be easier and that neuroscience is ultra hard, but I'm definitely down for a challenge. If I got he psychobio route, does it have enough of the medical school requirements, or will I have to add on more science classes. Is it also true that w/ psychobio u could graduate earlier than 4 years? I'm conflicted bc I know a major like neuroscience is very time consuming, and I also want to be able to study abroad for a year or so, so which major would allow me to do that? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finished Neuroscience at UCLA in 3 yrs, so it is possible, provided you load up on summer classes. The requirements for the major fulfilled all of the medical school requirements. Plus Neuroscience is an actual field of scientific inquiry.