UCLA Secondary Materials/Application Processing Fee Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

askninetytwo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone has received the email from UCLA concerning secondary materials and the application processing fee? It's been almost two weeks since submitting my ADEA AADSAS and still no word.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone has received the email from UCLA concerning secondary materials and the application processing fee? It's been almost two weeks since submitting my ADEA AADSAS and still no word.
Same boat as you!

most likely no secondary. I believe the short (2000 characters) essay was the secondary. if there's something else I'm sure they'll contact you but I doubt it.
as for the secondary fee, it is online (and I encourage you to look into each school specifically how they want their secondary fee money):
Applying & Deadline | UCLA Dentistry

Members don't see this ad :)
You can pay the supplemental fee online but the school wants you to pay after they send you an email. It helps them match the payment to your application easier. They said they should be sending out emails sometime this month.

Reactions: 1 users
sent the UCLA fee after I submitted my AADSAS and I got a confirmation email right away. I know it said that but it was a lot easier to get it out of the way. you could just wait for the e-mail. i'm sure they'll be sending them out soon

I believe the short (2000 characters) essay was the secondary.

Unless UCLA has completely changed their application, you will wish that was the secondary when you get the real thing. It's a nightmare.

15 pages long and most of it was stuff that's already in the AADSAS application, which makes me wonder if their admissions department is too lazy to adapt and just has applicants waste their time filling out a bunch of redundant information again.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of the ridiculous separate secondary - good for you guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Found this on the UCLA website. Hopefully it means what I think it means.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 1.58.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 1.58.05 PM.png
    149 KB · Views: 222
Unless UCLA has completely changed their application, you will wish that was the secondary when you get the real thing. It's a nightmare.

15 pages long and most of it was stuff that's already in the AADSAS application, which makes me wonder if their admissions department is too lazy to adapt and just has applicants waste their time filling out a bunch of redundant information again.

EDIT: Looks like they got rid of the ridiculous separate secondary - good for you guys.
really happy that we don't have to go through the whole long app all over again.

Thank goodness. I read about that nightmare of a secondary on old threads, and was really hoping they got rid of that.

Thank goodness. I read about that nightmare of a secondary on old threads, and was really hoping they got rid of that.
haha i had no idea about UCLA but I have heard about minnesota's. didn't apply there but i'm just hoping schools that have secondary questions on AADSAS don't have extra secondaries

Reactions: 1 user

I'm pretty sure when I applied in 2010, UCLA even required high school transcripts. Ridiculous.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!

For UCLA, on ur aadsas status does it still say none? Or has it changed to received or reviewing or anything

I am a foreign dentist and applied a bit earlier. UCLA secondary is always a nightmare, they didn't even bother to send one this year, but said that they did. I found it using a link on CAAPID in program materials, the payment link was right there. For matching purposes they used my CAS ID
It seems they are testing our IQs at the same time

Members don't see this ad :)
For UCLA, on ur aadsas status does it still say none? Or has it changed to received or reviewing or anything
Mine also still says none. A few schools take longer to process the AADSAS application than others I guess

My decision status on the AADSAS still says none and I still haven't received contact. Might end up giving them a call later today.

Has anyone received anything?

Received suplemental fee today, does it mean there would be a possibilty for an interview or it's just a general thing?

I still haven't received an email. Will mine be delayed because they are waiting for my official DAT scores? I submitted June 15th but took my DAT on July 14th.

Has anyone who applied in July received an email for the supplemental fee?

I haven't but I haven't taken my DAT yet so that might be why. I guess this might be a school that is selective about their supplemental? Has anyone else tried to just go ahead and pay the fee anyway with the email from them?

I haven't but I haven't taken my DAT yet so that might be why. I guess this might be a school that is selective about their supplemental? Has anyone else tried to just go ahead and pay the fee anyway with the email from them?

It is pretty explicit on their website: "Please wait for an email notification from our office with further instructions and do not pay the fee in advance in order to avoid delays with your application."

Applying & Deadline | UCLA Dentistry

I paid before i recevid confirmation email. They still haven't changed my application as complete. I'm trying to get a hold of them to let them know that I paid it. Forget schools like Harvard and Columbia where people complain it's hard to get a hold of someone (they almost always answer my phone), UCLA is by far the worst for me. Not even s phone number and an email that no one ever answers. Wtf is this?

I paid before i recevid confirmation email. They still haven't changed my application as complete. I'm trying to get a hold of them to let them know that I paid it. Forget schools like Harvard and Columbia where people complain it's hard to get a hold of someone (they almost always answer my phone), UCLA is by far the worst for me. Not even s phone number and an email that no one ever answers. Wtf is this?
I paid after I got the email and my status hasn't changed on AADSAS either just got the payment confirmation email. Maybe they don't update the status until they start reviewing?

Don't be talking smack about my school. ;)

UCLA takes a while during the app process. That's how it was for me. Plus, they're probably busy getting ready for the incoming students and such.

Don't be talking smack about my school. ;)

UCLA takes a while during the app process. That's how it was for me. Plus, they're probably busy getting ready for the incoming students and such.
I'm not talking smack. UCLA is probably the best school to go to IMO. I'm just annoyed that there's no way to contact them and they don't get back at me.
I mean many people here say don't worry if the schools doesn't respond....I didn't do anything when Harvard and penn didn't respond for over a month about status of my application. I ended up calling both of them and when they realized they actually had all my materials they said..."oh that was our mistake". But I dunno, it annoyed me cause so much for me having everything submitted by end of June and now I'm at the end of the line.
So yeah...not hearing anything back from a shcool doesn't necessarily mean it "takes a while during the app process" it could also mean they messed up they're not looking at the emails I send them. It's 2017...not contacts with applicants is unacceptable. It's not like it's more difficult or they got too many applicants.
I'm just really annoyed that the others schools messed up and I don't want that to happen with UCLA wtoo

I'm not talking smack. UCLA is probably the best school to go to IMO. I'm just annoyed that there's no way to contact them and they don't get back at me.
I mean many people here say don't worry if the schools doesn't respond....I didn't do anything when Harvard and penn didn't respond for over a month about status of my application. I ended up calling both of them and when they realized they actually had all my materials they said..."oh that was our mistake". But I dunno, it annoyed me cause so much for me having everything submitted by end of June and now I'm at the end of the line.
So yeah...not hearing anything back from a shcool doesn't necessarily mean it "takes a while during the app process" it could also mean they messed up they're not looking at the emails I send them. It's 2017...not contacts with applicants is unacceptable. It's not like it's more difficult or they got too many applicants.
I'm just really annoyed that the others schools messed up and I don't want that to happen with UCLA wtoo
Looking back at my emails from UCLA, I didn't get any form of contact from them until Aug 8, 2016. Be patient, you'll hear from them.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got the email, woooo

received the email today (8/04) to submit the secondary fee! I submitted my app on 7/17. Paid the fee right away, but my status on AADSAS is "received/waiting additional information"