**UCLA SOM c/o 2009 Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm still down too. any ideas, doctormohandes?

Members don't see this ad.

hola guys,
i would've posted earlier, but i've been rediculously busy; a bunch of us are going to lola's in west hollywood tomorrow night at around 9 or so (945 N. Fairfax Avenue,West Hollywood,CA), should be fun. it's a cool place, serves great martinis, so we can def hit the bottle like so many of you who apparently want to hahah. i'm moving into weyburn tomorrow/sunday since i'm local, but i'll have a car and would be happy to meet/drive a bunch of you all down there...you all have my email and cell, but i'll check this later too.

Hey bb88, I'm planning on going to Lola's with the peeps in my building. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm i guess i've been laggin cause i haven't really met anyone in my building yet :oops: my roommate isn't moving in till monday though... i wonder if he's even a med student. ?

in any case, anyone else in aloe/weyburn planning on going tomorrow? i've got a car and i'm not much of a drinker so i can take people. regardless lemme know if anyone wants to meet up before we go... i'd feel kinda awkward showing up by myself trying to guess who the med students were :p

aw!!! i TOTALLY want to meet up, but my cousin's wedding is saturday, and i'm guessing that the reception is going to last until pretty late... if by some chance i get out early, though, i will DEFINITELY give one of you a call -- so don't be weirded out if you get a random cell phone call tomorrow night :)

Hey, did anyone else get a financial hold at URSA? I am wondering if it's because I ignored that 10,000 bill ... which is silly because the SoM told me to ignore it. I'm concerned because the hold makes me ineligible for campus services/enrollment/transcripts/etc. Can someone else check at URSA and see if you were put on hold?

yo yo. so lola's it is. i'm a local too and i have a car so i can drive some ppl too (well actually one other person cause i have a small car), i'd be glad to meet ppl up in westwood and just all go together or something, like all meet up at in-n-out or buck fifties and grab a quick bite to eat and stuff and then head out to lola's. for those of you who dont know how to get to lola's, take wilshire east from ucla, go ALLLLL the way down to Fairfax (you cant miss this intersection, on the corner you'll see a huge "KING TUT" poster thingamajig cause this is where the LACMA is. make a left on Fairfax and go all the way to 945 Fairfax... and you're home. if you guys get there before me, try to find a waitress or bartender who looks like they've been working there a long time and order a Dean Martini (best damn martini ever... you'll see ;) ok so this is getting too long.

about the financial aid hold thing. i wouldnt worry about it, i got it too. they did this to us as undergrads as well. you dont really need the campus services thing at all, and the hold will be taken away as soon as financial aid kicks in. but if you're REALLLLL worried and cant go to sleep or drink tonight, then by all means just use a credit card to pay the amount due by clicking on the BAR Statement option and paying your dues, then you'll just get a bigger check from financial aid next week and you can pay off your credit card.

phewwww. i need a drink.

uclastudent: don't worry, i am sure everyone's documents and files are out of order because of the beginning of school and it will get worked out this week. are you waiting for financial aid money to come in? if you are, your fees will automatically be paid for once the loans are disbursed to ucla. you just might want to check that no paperwork is missing from ucla or sallie mae. anyway, don't stress!

skreenin: i haven't been around much and haven't met people in my building either so i am hitching a ride with ben (bb88). you should come to lola's with us. aren't you also in aloe court? anyway call or PM me if you want to join us.

lulu: yea i'm in aloe too. ben IMed me last nite and i think i'll follow you guys in my car (meeting up with mangoes as well at weyburn). i'll give y'all a call around 8ish to see when you're headin out.

I'm down for tonight too guys. After finishing up with the move, I'm ready for a couple of drinks! Hey skreenin, give me a ring and I'll hitch a ride with you. I'm in Aloe on the 4th floor.

k so a couple of us just had an aim chat, and its been decided that ppl are gonna start leaving for lolas at around 9ish. see you there. call my cell if you need a ride.