UCLA specialization rate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hydrarisk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNers!!

I am just wondering why many predental students apply for UCLA....is it because UCLA has one of the highest specialization rate?

Compared to Columbia and other schools with high specialty rate, UCLA is really known one of the high specialty rate? Is there anyone who has the statistics about the specialty rate?

Members don't see this ad.

I picked UCLA mostly because I'm from SoCal and wanted to live in LA. And tuition was cheaper than a private school. But also, it's in a great area and a really fun place to be a student. I think about half the students end up specializing, but am not certain. You can be a good candidate for specializing from any dental school. You may have an easier time getting into super competitive fields like ortho if you don't have 30 classmates applying to ortho as well. That'd be an argument against a school like UCLA.

Having trouble with the seconary? Well, state school, cheaper tution, pass/non-pass carriculum, 60% of the class specialize, close to family, various research possabilities, UCLA hold its name...