UCLA vs USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YJLEE1129

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am happy to inform that I got acceptance at both UCLA and USC for the Advanced Standing Program. Can you all please provide some insights on both these schools? I think both of them have nice campuses and cost similarly; however, I care more about how they conduct the clinic part. I hope I can have more opportunities to practice and approach more varietal cases.

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you care more about the clinic part. I would say go to USC. You won’t get good cases from UCLA due to its location. But are you sure that they cost similar??

Reactions: 1 users
UCLA! It’s a reputed school. The location is amazing and they have a very strong clinical program. It’s better ranked than USC (qs ranking). And I think their tuition is cheaper too! Also heartiest congratulations to you on getting into both the schools :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone

I am happy to inform that I got acceptance at both UCLA and USC for the Advanced Standing Program. Can you all please provide some insights on both these schools? I think both of them have nice campuses and cost similarly; however, I care more about how they conduct the clinic part. I hope I can have more opportunities to practice and approach more varietal cases.

Thank you guys
Congrats on getting your acceptance from both schools. I think UCLA is a better option without any doubt!! It is a dream school for many. It has a very good name for its dental school and better technologies.

Both great schools but I'd say USC if you want more advanced clinical training. You may find UCLA's clinical training on the easier side since you're already a FTD.

Last edited:
Undoubtedly, go for UCLA. Because of the following reasons:
1. Less Expensive: The fees for UCLA is quite lower than that of USC.
2. Safer area: UCLA is in a comparatively much safer area than USC. Taking a look at daily news and statistics, the area around USC besides downtown LA is much less safe than Westwood, where UCLA is.
3. Less living expenses: Being in downtown LA, studying at USC becomes much more expensive than UCLA, even if you live in the apartment provided by the University.
4. Less time graduating: Historically, people have taken longer to complete their grades and hence graduating.
5. Awesome program: Personally, I liked the UCLA program better.