UCLA waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanddallar

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know from experience how UCLA processes their waiting list? I've heard rumors that there are two different lists where one has like a 50% chance of getting in while the other has no chance. Also, when you write them letter of interests, who do you write to? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

there are two different lists.

the high priority waitlist and then the dreaded hold list.

the high priority waitlist:
-unranked
-the people on this list get re-reviewed by the executive committee and they start picking who they feel are the best amongst the people on this list.
-the chances of getting accepted are much better than if you are on the hold list...but actual percentage...50% is a bit high...maybe 30-40% is what my friend in one of the adcoms said.

the hold list:
-unranked
-is the 2nd priority waitlist
-will not hear from UCLA until July at the earliest, meaning that you will only be taken off if everyone from the high priority waitlist is taken off the list.
-chances of getting of this list is very difficult and my friend on one of the adcoms said he has not seen or heard anyone taken off the list in recent years.

you can address the letter of intent to the admissions committee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks jlee! Go Bears!! (Cal alum as well :laugh: )

shanddallar said:
Thanks jlee! Go Bears!! (Cal alum as well :laugh: )

sweet! feels even better to help out a fellow cal alum!
i wish you the best...for i am on the WL as well haha.

jlee9531 said:
sweet! feels even better to help out a fellow cal alum!
i wish you the best...for i am on the WL as well haha.

Thanks! Yeah good luck to you too! I feel so bad for anyone who's ever been waitlisted! I never knew how horrible this whole process really is! It's nice to know there are so many other people out there like us. I feel really bad for the Yale waitlisters...

When did you hear about your waitlist?