UCLA ~ Why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cristal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The prompt for the last page of the application reads:
This space is provided to allow you to describe any additional information you would like the Committee to consider or aspects of your application which you think may seem confusing or incomplete as they are stated elsewhere. You may also use this space to explain factors which may have had a negative effect on some aspect of your performance, and why you are applying to the UCLA School of Dentistry specifically.

I'd rather not dwell on negative aspects of my application or try to make excuses for things... so I'd like to address the latter question -- why UCLA specifically?

I've read just about every thread having to do with UCLA, and I've contacted a couple of UCLA students w/ general questions on how they feel about their school --

But still, I don't know what to write about!

For those of you who applied to UCLA, why did you apply to UCLA specifically? What kinds of things did you focus on for this application question?

I was thinking I could say something about research, and their performance on national board exams... but overall this doesnt seem very compelling.
Help~~~

Members don't see this ad.

U have to find that yourself. This is like a practice for interview. I guess you do some brainstorming.
Think about why u want to be a dentist and how UCLA can help u to reach that goal.
Keep it precise. Make ur point and send ur application.

ecdoesit said:
U have to find that yourself. This is like a practice for interview. I guess you do some brainstorming.
Think about why u want to be a dentist and how UCLA can help u to reach that goal.
Keep it precise. Make ur point and send ur application.

hmm okay. i'll stop trying so hard to focus on UCLA itself, and instead focus on why i'm pursuing dentistry... etc.

so this should be an essay, yes?

thaaaanks:)

Members don't see this ad :)
As Eric mentioned, it's better to have a precise paragraph stating your points. It doesn't have to be a long essay. Good luck!

what i meant is think about how ucla fits ur goal to be a dentist.
and why u want to come to ucla besides it is a "good" dental sch.

eric has some good points.. also think vice versa, you can add why/how you would be an asset to our school.. in what ways can you contribute.
Good luck