UCLA WREB Review Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anteater831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone take this review course? How helpful was it? Specifically the endo review course.

Members don't see this ad.

I took WesternDentalConsultants.com review class for the WREB exam and received free referrals to qualifying patients for the test in Dec at USC.
Dr. Gilbert who teaches the course had great knowledge of the specified details and criteria of the exam. He knew the candidate guide intimately from cover to cover. He gives a comprehensive lecture going over all aspects of the WREB exam. I found out that he has been doing these review classes for 18 years and it shows.
the service was not cheap but it got my confidence and speed up before the test started and I didn't have to worry about getting good patients. I would recommend this review class and patient referral to anyone taking the WREB Exam in 2009:love::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
It is really sad that after paying almost 6.000 includding materials that at the end of the 7th day course , there isnt much to say than it was useless waste of energy attending this wannabe course, you dont get a true grading or critique, just a tap on the shoulders " good job" -- pretty ridiculous taking into consideration the amount of money that you put aside for this course, also I must say the instructors are "iffy" not covering the whole aspects of the exam.
It is ashame seeing this country sinking down as a titanic experience.

Yeah the Operative part is not as useful, but the perio and pros parts are informative and good.

It is really sad that after paying almost 6.000 includding materials that at the end of the 7th day course , there isnt much to say than it was useless waste of energy attending this wannabe course, you dont get a true grading or critique, just a tap on the shoulders " good job" -- pretty ridiculous taking into consideration the amount of money that you put aside for this course, also I must say the instructors are "iffy" not covering the whole aspects of the exam.

Could you elaborate on your statement above? What country has to do with your experience with the specific training?

Hi,
Yep the course is over and I agree with DRIKA11 it was pretty sad! No real mock boards towards the perio section, not to say that operative was a joke, from the 4.000 spent I can say that the only class that was up to par last 4 hours with an Indian doctor really polite and knew all the schemes of the exam the rest wasnt worth at all.
The endo instructor said that after the course dont even bother looking for him that he had more to do, the lady that tought fixed prostho wasnt helpful also gave us some really old basic questions.
We didnt get any input on some of the 3d questions any...:(
Maybe if the course was handled in a different way it shouldnt give so many bad reviews. We all know that UCLA is good school bla bla bla.... but I couldnt care less if the course was held under the 405 freeway bridge, bottom line if you dont know what course to do , dont do this one and save yourself the headache!

Why don't you just save your self and leave this country if you don't like it???

Whatever maybe for you 6000 is change money huh? Maybe you should attend this course and give us your insight afterwards!

I also attended the course this past march, no need to say it was a bad experience, the endo teacher clueless of whether the sextant should be removed with or without the rubber dam for xray taking, he was though all about trying to sell those COLUMBIA ENDO UCLA typodonts:thumbdown: you must blend in you must blend in :thumbdown: sad

As DRIKA11 said - a lot of money not invested well, the seven day could have been better approached in so many ways no peridontal hands on was performed, for operative no real exam input.

Sincerely people came from other states spent money in hotel, transportation for this-- pretty dissapointing.:thumbdown:

The only outstanding part of this course was the class given by an indian doctor that's all. Maybe he should go and open his on course!

Whatever maybe for you 6000 is change money huh? Maybe you should attend this course and give us your insight afterwards!

Did I mention any thing about money?????
I still don't get what the US as a country has to do with a WREB course that you did not like.please don't zone out in your next response.:laugh:

I also attended the course this past march, no need to say it was a bad experience, the endo teacher clueless of whether the sextant should be removed with or without the rubber dam for xray taking, he was though all about trying to sell those COLUMBIA ENDO UCLA typodonts:thumbdown: you must blend in you must blend in :thumbdown: sad

Sorry you had a bad experience, but the candidate guide says that the Columbia typodont is one of the recommended typodonts for the exam. The guide also tells you whether or not you can take the rubber dam off for the radiograph.

It seems like a lot of people want basic information handed to them without putting forth any effort. I don't know your background so I'm not meaning to insult you, but some of the questions around here show that applicants haven't even taken the time to read the instruction manual. The WREB is a HUGE exam for your careers, a good place to begin is to read the manual.