UConn Dental School – Negatives?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GO BABY GO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any current students/ recent graduates or dentists can share their experiences at the UConn dental school without sugar coating. There are many comments on SDN stating that the school fails out many students, they don't see any patients their first 2 years, and that it's BMS curriculum is overkill causing the clinical side to be overshadowed. However, most of these posts date a while back, so I was looking for more recent opinions as things could have been changed.

If you can please share the pros and cons of UConn it would be greatly appreciated for all applicants currently interested in their program. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any current students/ recent graduates or dentists can share their experiences at the UConn dental school without sugar coating. There are many comments on SDN stating that the school fails out many students, they don't see any patients their first 2 years, and that it's BMS curriculum is overkill causing the clinical side to be overshadowed. However, most of these posts date a while back, so I was looking for more recent opinions as things could have been changed.

If you can please share the pros and cons of UConn it would be greatly appreciated for all applicants currently interested in their program. Thank you!

When I interviewed there, they seemed to really emphasize the BMS curriculum as being super demanding. Other than that, they seemed to have a good program. Though its still hard to get a good feel for a school just from 1 interview day.

+1 for any recent comments from current students

The main negatives for me after interviewing at UConn were:
1) location: cold weather and kinda isolated
2) I felt the class size of 35 people or so was too small

Other than that I thought the school was great, affordable tuition, high specialization rate, P/NP curriculum, nice facilities...

Last edited: