UConn Postbac 2013-2014 A and B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chasseurducam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got admitted to UConn post-bac program. I thought it might be a good idea to start this thread to connect us all. Anyone else out there who has heard about their acceptance yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed for Program A but still waiting to hear. It seems that may be a bad sign. When did you find out and how? email? phone call?

i interviewed here as well and was told that by the 3rd they'd send out acceptances and rejections, but that some applicants would be in "limbo" while they waited for accepted students to confirm. haven't heard anything yet, which in light of the OP's acceptance, is probably not a good sign. still, the program (while great) is from what i've heard notoriously tardy when it comes to admissions, so i suppose i won't give up hope yet. i was accepted by another program as well which i feel is of comparable strength; i'd like to remain in CT for convenience though.

to the poster who was accepted, how did you find out? email, snail mail, call...i remember they called me for the interview

from what i've heard the program is rather selective (one of its strengths) - did anyone bother to ask how many applied, how many were interviewed, and how many they'll accept? i think they take 12-15 or so

Members don't see this ad :)
I was notified by email.

I was told by Lynda that there were 20 people being interviewed for about 10 spots.

What have you guys heard about how many in the post bac program get accepted into the med school? Especially concerning the program B people...

i'm not sure, but one discouraging sign can be found on their website, where they say that post-bac students are treated no differently than other applicants for med school. and it's a pretty selective med school...

i've got (at least one, still waiting on others) other options that have linkage agreements, which seems like it's a safer route. from what i've heard uconn is a good program, but as far as getting into their med school, who knows

Hi, I was accepted into program A. I would love to meet up with people and just have camaraderie in this new phase of life! Holla at ya girl!:soexcited: