UCONN Postbac--Summer/Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear a few of you did not get in. I wish you the best of luck.

I have yet to hear anything and am wondering has anyone has received word about an interview? I am checking my e-mail compulsively at this point. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys. I've been following this thread for a while now to see when folks were receiving their information. I called and spoke to Lynda yesterday and she told me we would all know at the end of this week. The email I received from them said I was placed on an "alternate list" and would know if I have a status change by June 18th...

I was also placed on the 'alternate list' email...hopefully we hear sooner than mid-june...let me know if you hear anything..good luck! :)

anyone receive an interview?

I have a quick question about this program...is it for people wanting to boost their undergrad GPA? Or is it an SMP similar to Gtown/BUmams, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also placed on the 'alternate list' email...hopefully we hear sooner than mid-june...let me know if you hear anything..good luck! :)

anyone receive an interview?

I haven't heard back from them yet about an interview...

I have a quick question about this program...is it for people wanting to boost their undergrad GPA? Or is it an SMP similar to Gtown/BUmams, etc?
It has two components to it - there is part designed for people who haven't done on the prereqs and there is a undergrad GPA booster component too.
It is not an SMP at all.

For those of you who haven't heard a thing, I called Ms. Fox and her voicemail said everyone will know their status by May 20th, 2010. Until then, stay encouraged :)

Anyone hear back?

I have my interview scheduled for June 1. Does anyone happen to know if it is like a firing squad interview or more designed to familiarize applicants w/ the school?

In other words, does anyone know how many people that are invited to interview are rejected? haha

I called Linda today to find out the status of my application. I found out that I have been placed on the alternate list, as one of 8. She told me to call back June 28 to see where I stand. This process is unlike any other Post-Bac that I have applied to, and I'm getting the vibe that they are pretty disorganized... Best of luck to all of you!

Its not disorganized but due to massive budget cuts and staff changes (CT residents i am sure you are aware of this) there is only one person working on the apps (Linda Fox) and they are transitioning to a new dean and admissions committee.

A lot of senior UConn Med School admin people are leaving this year or assuming new positions. Lot of wackiness is to be expected.

Did you all find out through your e-mail addy or a letter in the postage mail?

Thanks! That's weird, I haven't heard back yet. I just left Ms. Fox a message.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview scheduled for June 1. Does anyone happen to know if it is like a firing squad interview or more designed to familiarize applicants w/ the school?

In other words, does anyone know how many people that are invited to interview are rejected? haha

If you don't mind answering, when did you receive an interview notice?

I heard around 45 people get interviewed...but it seems to fluctuate.

I got my interview notice on May 6.

Hearing they interview about 45 people really took some wind out of my sails. I passed the decision deadlines for many of the other places I got accepted to on the hopes that I'll get into Uconn. I still have a plan B but if Uconn falls through I will be kicking myself SO HARD.

I got my interview notice on May 6.

Hearing they interview about 45 people really took some wind out of my sails. I passed the decision deadlines for many of the other places I got accepted to on the hopes that I'll get into Uconn. I still have a plan B but if Uconn falls through I will be kicking myself SO HARD.

Hey how did the interview go? Did they ask any tough questions?

How'd the interview go? I also interviewed already and they said I'll know of their decision by mid-june....

I interviewed also. It was very brief, somewhat silly... and I was told between 25-50 were interviewed. Good luck to you all.

I hope you fail, but I"m sure you're all nice people.

JK :)

To those that have interviewed, how did it go? Was it on the phone or in person? Were they personality type questions? Any advice? Thanks!

To those that have interviewed, how did it go? Was it on the phone or in person? Were they personality type questions? Any advice? Thanks!

My interview is on Friday...I was told it would be with a student and a faculty member. I heard it was low stress, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyone hear back for acceptances?

I received my acceptance letter last week! Anyone else get in???