UConn Secondary application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimdoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues coming up with a strong answer for this question that can only be answered in a half of a page. Any thoughts or opinions that maybe I could start to research?

Question posed: What do you see as the most significant issue you think the medical profession will face in the next forty years?

Thanks guys!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Android doctors.

The question is pretty simple, out of what you know about medicine and how technology is changing, and how medicine is progressing, what problems do you think will arise?

I agree with the above poster but I'd also like to elaborate a little on my opinion.

You should find something that is personal to you. That is something that to my understanding is very important to UConn admissions...to be yourself. Their secondary is brutal...but if you look at it, the questions are really geared to show what kind of person you are. It isn't as important what your specific answer is...as it is important how you support your answer and show that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the questions they ask since the questions stress an implicit personal interest in medicine beyond pure academic interest. Also, find a topic that is not cliche'd or "popular" in nature...because the adcom members will have to read tons of essays about the same stuff.

For instance...anyone can toss around buzzwords like "single-payer system" or "nanotechnology"...but if you are truly passionate about a topic your essay will show that because you will express unique and personal ideas and your essay will not be written with that "cookie cutter" feel.

And make sure you read the fine print...last year they had something written in small print saying something to the effect of "the deadline is december or 4 weeks from when you receive this letter".

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having issues coming up with a strong answer for this question that can only be answered in a half of a page. Any thoughts or opinions that maybe I could start to research?

Question posed: What do you see as the most significant issue you think the medical profession will face in the next forty years?

Thanks guys!:)

Universalized health care. end of story. it is going to happen.

oh btw. if you do talk about health care for all, throw in some Hippocratic oath stuff to.

I struggled with my answer to this question and ultimately distilled it down to one sentence. It did the trick, so don't be afraid to be short and sweet if you feel you don't have the space to answer it comprehensively.

As for ideas, you'll probably defeat your aim of having a unique and insightful essay if you draw your inspiration from a public forum. Any topic will suffice as long as your answer is well written. Good luck!

I struggled with my answer to this question and ultimately distilled it down to one sentence. It did the trick, so don't be afraid to be short and sweet if you feel you don't have the space to answer it comprehensively.

As for ideas, you'll probably defeat your aim of having a unique and insightful essay if you draw your inspiration from a public forum. Any topic will suffice as long as your answer is well written. Good luck!

What was that sentence-- if you don't mind telling, of course.