UConn Sucks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

makebuleev

I've been to UConn and the school can go to hell. it's located in a boony ....ya i guess that's why it's called FARMinton. the reason why it's rank #1 is not because the school has a good problem but studying is just about all you can do in that little town. they're trying to improve the problem because the students are being worked too hard and people are complainting that it's too hetic. so for people planning to attend uconn...good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm biased here of course as an Alum of UCONN, but one of the appeals of the school when I was applying was its suburban location. A dental school with set on a hillside with trees and grass and a couple of ponds nearby, it seemed alot more appealing than concrete and traffic and smog. As for FARMington as you put it, well after living in the town for 6 years, hey its in the top 5 in per capita household income in the state with the highest annual household income in the US. Sure there are alot of BMW's and Mercedes driving around Farmington, but there are also alot of great restaurants nearby, and alot of open land/fields(this doesn't even include the park less than 1 mile from the dental school with over 50 miles of hiking/jogging/mountain biking paths. Plus, Hartford has alot of opportunities just 5 minutes down the road, the ocean is 45 minutes away, the mountains of Vermont just under 2 hours, and if thats not enough New York and Boston are both less than 2 hours away. As for the curriculum complaints, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students in the seminar course that I teach there seem to have the same impression that I did when I was a student, its tough, but fair. Like I said, just a biased opinion of someone who went there, still teaches there, and lived there. :)

Well Makebuleev,
UCONN Dental School seems to have provoked you into expending some of your energy in a negative fashion. That is not good for your long term happiness. It only robs you of time that you could be using to improve your own situation. I feel led to help you get out of such an unproductive funk.

I suggest that you look at the matter this way. Your reaction to UCONN may have opened up a spot for someone else who really loved the school. So hey, take pleasure in the fact that your needs were met because you were not forced to attend UCONN and also rejoice in the possibility that the exercise of your free choice has enabled another person's needs to be met. Now that is a win-win situation and you deserve credit for helping it happen. Good for you. Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by groundhog (edited April 02, 2001).]

Just curious: if you had options, why did you choose UConn? State resident and less expensive? Or?