This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marquette vs UConn

• Total voters

thatgirl143

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been fortunate enough to get accepted to multiple schools.
A little background about me: I am from the east coast and leaning towards general dentistry/public health dentistry. I am considering applying for the NHSC scholarship.

Marquette

Pros:
Urban location in Milwaukee
Cheap cost of living ( I don't mind moving to the Midwest)
Good clinical experience, grads feel comfortable enough practicing

Neutral:
Larger class size (100)

Cons:
Safety of the area
Not as much updated technology as UCONN
Possibly $80k more expensive than UCONN (still cheap compared to most US schools for OOS) or free if I receive the NHSC scholarship

UCONN
Pros:
Pass/fail curriculum
Cheap cost of living and COA
Updated technology

Neutral:
Smaller class size (52)

Cons:
Suburban location in Farmington
TBL and medical curriculum
Not as clinically focused, many students do a GPR/AEGD after graduation

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UConn amigo, not even worth more than a second of thought. One of the best schools in the nation.

The “prepared for practice” is nonsense. No offense, but you’re a pre-dent who has no idea what life is like on the other side. I knew people with great training who did residencies, and people who barely did anything in school and success fully went straight into practice.

UCONN is pass/fail and cheap. GO GO GO.

Reactions: 4 users
P/F school would be heavenly, especially if you ever consider specializing. There is a lot less pressure in P/F schools. Updated technology is a good thing, too; I know Marquette's simlab is in rougher shape (in the basement), however, their clinic where they treat patients is beautiful. I would probably lean towards UCONN if I were you.