Uconn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kremlar said:
Alteast I made some kind of list...lol.. better than being denied I guess... YAY my first waitlist!!!.. Somehow, that doesnt quite have the same ring to it... :(

I talked to trisha yesterday and she asked my name... said I was just on hold... and I asked if that meant I was waitlisted and she said no. Another round of acceptances will come in mid-january. It is not like they could accept all that many people the first round anyway... 35 spots... cant accept 50 and then have all accept (even though that is very unlikely to happen... just cant do it).

Members don't see this ad.

natroncb said:
I talked to trisha yesterday and she asked my name... said I was just on hold... and I asked if that meant I was waitlisted and she said no. Another round of acceptances will come in mid-january. It is not like they could accept all that many people the first round anyway... 35 spots... cant accept 50 and then have all accept (even though that is very unlikely to happen... just cant do it).
did anyone get more info from uconn. I'm so confused cuz' she told me that everyone who's status is not updated is on the waitlist and now you tell us this. They're really starting to piss me off now, they should tell you what's going on clearly, we've waited so freaking long and the least they can do is BE CLEAR!

My interview isn't until later this month...do I still have a chance of getting in with so many acceptances sent out already, and others who have already interviewed that are still waiting to hear? What kind of stats are getting accepted? Rhode Island resident, so I think that should help?!?!?!...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interview @ UCONN who wasn't accepted had their status change from "invite for interview" or recieved any kind of correspondence from them?

Guys, I have a feeling a LOT more acceptances are going out. Dr. T said they take in around 90 for the 45-person class. So absolutely don't panic yet!! And a lot will withdraw their slots this first time around. They were just very conservative on the 1st

Yup. I agree. Lucky for those wanting to get into UCONN, most people who got in also got into many other top choice schools. Also, I've noticed that UCONN seems to create a love/hate relationship with all those who interview there. A lot of students don't like it at all and a lot really love it. Hopefully those who were accepted early were the ones who didn't feel the love . . .

Fat_Man said:
Yup. I agree. Lucky for those wanting to get into UCONN, most people who got in also got into many other top choice schools. Also, I've noticed that UCONN seems to create a love/hate relationship with all those who interview there. A lot of students don't like it at all and a lot really love it. Hopefully those who were accepted early were the ones who didn't feel the love . . .

see now i am confused. i assumed they took the class size initially and then kept accepting as people denied. does that makes sense. so if the initial deposit money (for the first round of accepted peoepl) is due soon they'll have an idea to make a second round of acceptances in january and then keep accepting until they have a full class. does this make sense. what happens if they accepted 45 people on dec. 1st and all 45 hold their spot?....hmm....

but.....let's stay positive...the people with crazy amounts of interviews can only go one place! :)