You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSD 2010 Application
Started by HermJ
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Based on last year's forum, I think people got interview invites around Dec. 17 or so, which is coming up really fast! eek!
I don't know about this year though. I got an e-mail from them about a week ago stating that they hadn't received my application fee and signature page even though the check had already been cashed 😕. Everything was sorted out, but they said I wouldn't hear from them until the end of December/early January. I don't know if that's going to be true for everyone or if it's just because they made an error with my supplemental.
I don't know about this year though. I got an e-mail from them about a week ago stating that they hadn't received my application fee and signature page even though the check had already been cashed 😕. Everything was sorted out, but they said I wouldn't hear from them until the end of December/early January. I don't know if that's going to be true for everyone or if it's just because they made an error with my supplemental.
Based on last year's forum, I think people got interview invites around Dec. 17 or so, which is coming up really fast! eek!
I don't know about this year though. I got an e-mail from them about a week ago stating that they hadn't received my application fee and signature page even though the check had already been cashed 😕. Everything was sorted out, but they said I wouldn't hear from them until the end of December/early January. I don't know if that's going to be true for everyone or if it's just because they made an error with my supplemental.
Yea, I checked last year's thread and it seems that we should get the letter by the end of this week if we are invited for interview. I got an email in November about them receiving my check. Maybe you should call them to ask, just to make sure!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't find any thread on this year's UCSD application so I thought of creating one. Do anyone know when we hear from interviews? I know they are suppose to send them out in December. But just wondering if anyone's got responses!
Thanks HermJ for creating this page, I have been looking for UCSD thread and couldn't find it up to yesterday! I think we will hear this wk or nxt wk since this year interview is a wk later than previous year...Hope we all hear good news!
What do you guys think about UCSD Pharm? It's interesting that both pharm and med students get to share classes..I don't think any other CA school does that? What type of reputation does UCSD hold?
UCSD actually is getting rid of that. I believe it's effective for next fall or the fall after. From what I've heard, UCSD is one of the newer pharm schools, and the interview process is a bit rough. Haven't heard much about the quality of education though. I'm an undergraduate at UCSD right now, and I'm generally pretty happy with the education here, but that being said, undergraduate is hardly indicative of graduate.
Ok, so I submitted my supplemental apps months ago, and I seemed to be missing any confirmation from the school that they got my application. Is this normal? Did any of you guys receive any form of confirmation? Thanks!
Ok, so I submitted my supplemental apps months ago, and I seemed to be missing any confirmation from the school that they got my application. Is this normal? Did any of you guys receive any form of confirmation? Thanks!
I received a payment confirmation and noticed that they cashed my check already. Other than that, nothing yet.
The current situation seems to parallel the same scenario as last year. No one heard anything until the end of December or early January in regards to interview invites.
With that said, hang in there and just enjoy the holidays 🙂
I received a payment confirmation and noticed that they cashed my check already. Other than that, nothing yet.
The current situation seems to parallel the same scenario as last year. No one heard anything until the end of December or early January in regards to interview invites.
With that said, hang in there and just enjoy the holidays 🙂
Thanks for the reply! Enjoy yours as well 🙂.
still nothing for everyone? I'm out of the country at the moment so can't really check my mailbox till later~🙁
Still nothing here. Maybe next week or early Jan at least that's what it looks like now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an invitation in the mail today also! Postmarked yesterday and I am in San Diego.
Scheduled for Feb 4, the day before UCSF.
D
deleted289008
Does anyone know how many students they interview and are we all on the same day?!
I received my letter yesterday, it is postmarked the 17th as well. The interview is February 5th
I received my letter yesterday, it is postmarked the 17th as well. The interview is February 5th
It is bizarre, girl. Did you apply to UCSF as well ? My letter says that Feb. 4 date was chosen in order not to interfere with UCSF interview. All scheduled thus far UCSF interviews are on Feb. 5-th. Why would they schedule you for the same date ?
It is bizarre, girl. Did you apply to UCSF as well ? My letter says that Feb. 4 date was chosen in order not to interfere with UCSF interview. All scheduled thus far UCSF interviews are on Feb. 5-th. Why would they schedule you for the same date ?
Yeah I am wondering the same thing! I applied to UCSF too, and my letter from UCSD says the same thing about not conflicting with the UCSF interview. I haven't heard anything from UCSF yet..
Yeah I am wondering the same thing! I applied to UCSF too, and my letter from UCSD says the same thing about not conflicting with the UCSF interview. I haven't heard anything from UCSF yet..
OK, don't worry. If you haven't heard from UCSF thus far, it is 99% probability that it would be a rejection. Don't get disappointed, UCSD is at least as good as UCSF, and SF, unlike SD, is not a liveable city. Concentrate on UCSD. Your living conditions are very important for your success in a pharm. school. If the cost of living in SF comes down crushing on you, you would not be able to succeed. If you need to share a tiny dorm room where you would have no conditions for study, it would do no good for you. If you are at home in SD, then SD is the place. 🙂
OK, don't worry. If you haven't heard from UCSF thus far, it is 99% probability that it would be a rejection. Don't get disappointed, UCSD is at least as good as UCSF, and SF, unlike SD, is not a liveable city. Concentrate on UCSD. Your living conditions are very important for your success in a pharm. school. If the cost of living in SF comes down crushing on you, you would not be able to succeed. If you need to share a tiny dorm room where you would have no conditions for study, it would do no good for you. If you are at home in SD, then SD is the place. 🙂
Remember: it is a gay school in a gay city. All the admission staff are gays. If you are a gay or a lesbian, you are virtually guaranteed admission. I knew a couple of lesbians who got admitted without bachelor's degree, with the min. set of the pre-requisites and with a very little effort. If you are not gay, pretend that you are. So, choose the essay topic of such kind that you could demonstrate your dedication to all things gay, the gay marriage especially. Remember: this is a special institution in a very, very special place.
Most probably, it will be a denial letter. They just have started sending them out on December 29-th.
Just take it easy. If they deny you, you are not going to miss much. SF is a very expensive city, rent and living expenses are going to be killing you. The cost of tuition is very high. Opportunities for the internships are very low. The employment opportunities are equally low. The quality of education at UCSF is greatly over-rated. UCSF is a decent research institution, but it has absolutely no relation to the "pharmacy" education - it is mediocre at best. So, do not get depressed, and have a Happy New Year !
You don't even live in SF nor attend the school, so how could you possibly comment on the conditions? Stop trolling SDN.
:troll:

You don't even live in SF nor attend the school, so how could you possibly comment on the conditions? Stop trolling SDN.
:troll:![]()
How do you know where I live, what I do or do not attend, and what I am affiliated with ?
Surely you do not think that the world at UCSF is rotating around its pharmacy school. Or maybe, you do. Then, we have to deal with the clinical aspects of such a viewpoint.
Most of my time nowadays I spend in Berkeley, but I own a house in SF.
Actually, what is trolling ? Is it anything that you do not like ? Is this the "professional" state of mind that Mary Anne is instilling in her students ?
OK, don't worry. If you haven't heard from UCSF thus far, it is 99% probability that it would be a rejection. Don't get disappointed, UCSD is at least as good as UCSF, and SF, unlike SD, is not a liveable city. Concentrate on UCSD. Your living conditions are very important for your success in a pharm. school. If the cost of living in SF comes down crushing on you, you would not be able to succeed. If you need to share a tiny dorm room where you would have no conditions for study, it would do no good for you. If you are at home in SD, then SD is the place. 🙂
Most probably, it will be a denial letter. They just have started sending them out on December 29-th.
Just take it easy. If they deny you, you are not going to miss much. SF is a very expensive city, rent and living expenses are going to be killing you. The cost of tuition is very high. Opportunities for the internships are very low. The employment opportunities are equally low. The quality of education at UCSF is greatly over-rated. UCSF is a decent research institution, but it has absolutely no relation to the "pharmacy" education - it is mediocre at best. So, do not get depressed, and have a Happy New Year !
Obviously you have no clue what you are talking about... These top notch research professors wrote textbooks that majority of pharmacy schools use, and these professors actually teach students at UCSF... Enough said...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted289008
Just wondering. Do you have to take any actions on your part after you are invited to an interview? Is there anything like "you will need to call/email to confirm interview" on the letter? And when is the deadline to take action?
There's a letter you have to sign and mail back which confirms your interview. The deadline is Friday, Jan 7th for me.
I received my interview invite last Friday - February 5th! Which is awesome and everything, but it's the same day as my UCSF interview. Sad times. And I can't just plane hop from one city to the other even if they could schedule me for February 4th instead - since I'm coming from Oklahoma and the plane tickets have already been purchased for SF (and they're bleeping expensive). So yeah - I called them, but it was New Year's Eve. Hopefully they have another weekend of interviews? That would be ideal.
I received my interview invite last Friday - February 5th! Which is awesome and everything, but it's the same day as my UCSF interview. Sad times. And I can't just plane hop from one city to the other even if they could schedule me for February 4th instead - since I'm coming from Oklahoma and the plane tickets have already been purchased for SF (and they're bleeping expensive). So yeah - I called them, but it was New Year's Eve. Hopefully they have another weekend of interviews? That would be ideal.
There must be an error. You might want to call both UCSF and UCSD. UCSD usually arrange their interview dates around UCSF interview dates.
There must be an error. You might want to call both UCSF and UCSD. UCSD usually arrange their interview dates around UCSF interview dates.
I read that in the letter- that they try and arrange them accordingly - but yeah, I was definitely "double-booked." Hehe.
Called UCSD and took care of it today. I'll be interviewing January 21st instead! So it's all good. Two weekends in Cali in a row? Should be fun. :-D
Hi I am from Colorado and received an interview from USC a few weeks ago for Jan. 22nd. I confirmed the interview and purchased plane tickets to LAX. Then on Dec. 30th I received an interview from UCSD also on Jan. 22nd. They told me I cannot switch as of now because they are booked, I was wondering if someone would be willing to switch dates with me in order to attend the UCSD interview? Message me if you are interested.
Hi I am from Colorado and received an interview from USC a few weeks ago for Jan. 22nd. I confirmed the interview and purchased plane tickets to LAX. Then on Dec. 30th I received an interview from UCSD also on Jan. 22nd. They told me I cannot switch as of now because they are booked, I was wondering if someone would be willing to switch dates with me in order to attend the UCSD interview? Message me if you are interested.
Well... I just switched from Feb 5 to Jan 22. So I'm going to assume that there is a spot open as of this morning.
Good luck!
Hi I just got an invite to interview at UCSD. Has anyone interviewed there yet? Whats the process like? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Does anyone know how many interview dates UCSD has? 🙂
Thanks.
Thanks.
Does anyone know how many interview dates UCSD has? 🙂
Thanks.
4 total: Jan 21st, Jan 22nd, Feb 4th, and Feb 5th.
4 total: Jan 21st, Jan 22nd, Feb 4th, and Feb 5th.
Cool. Thank you 🙂
will do...thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if it is true that half of the entering class comes from UCSD and only half are transfers?
I went to undergrad there, so while that would be awesome, I've never heard of them giving preference to UCSD undergrads.
Is anyone else interviewing at ucsd next week?
Hi I am from Colorado and received an interview from USC a few weeks ago for Jan. 22nd. I confirmed the interview and purchased plane tickets to LAX. Then on Dec. 30th I received an interview from UCSD also on Jan. 22nd. They told me I cannot switch as of now because they are booked, I was wondering if someone would be willing to switch dates with me in order to attend the UCSD interview? Message me if you are interested.
Hey, I also applied for USC. But haven't heard anything from them. I submitted PharmCAS application one week before Nov. 1st. I know it's kindof late. So I'm quite worried. When did you submit your PharmCAS. I also have UCSD on Jan 22nd. I hope you are able to find a way to get around the problem. 🙂
Is anyone else interviewing at ucsd next week?
I am! Friday, the 21st. Check-in at 12:00pm I believe.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K
