UCSD Acceptable Pool ranked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the acceptable pool for UCSD ranked? Or does the adcom review each application again and then make decisions? Other posts have mentioned the acceptable pool is about 300-350 people, that seems like an awful lot of applications for the adcom to re-review.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the acceptable pool for UCSD ranked? Or does the adcom review each application again and then make decisions? Other posts have mentioned the acceptable pool is about 300-350 people, that seems like an awful lot of applications for the adcom to re-review.

I was wondering the same thing. If I had to guess, with that many people on the list, I would say its ranked for sure, how could it not be.

I heard the list was unranked. I was told that say if someone with a lot of research who is accepted pulls out, then they will look at the waitlist for someone who has a lot of research...

the thing is, I don't know how I'm classified!!!

I heard the list was unranked. I was told that say if someone with a lot of research who is accepted pulls out, then they will look at the waitlist for someone who has a lot of research...

the thing is, I don't know how I'm classified!!!

I have no clue how I'm classified either....I guess I fall under someone with more clinical experience over research, so I'm hoping someone identical to me drops out :laugh: