UCSD class of 2021 (applying fall 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So do you think they have already sent out acceptances for all 60 people already? Or just a portion of that, and are going to be incrementally sending out more?

So do you think they have already sent out acceptances for all 60 people already? Or just a portion of that, and are going to be incrementally sending out more?
That's what I was wondering about as well.. if they already sent out acceptances to the 60 people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone received waitlist/rejection yet?

I found their facebook page and there are only ~20 people in it that aren't current students so I'm hoping they still have some more acceptances to send out. I also saw the 2014 forum page and it looked like acceptances were being sent all the way through the first or second week of March. There's still hope but this wait is killing me!

Reactions: 2 users
I found their facebook page and there are only ~20 people in it that aren't current students so I'm hoping they still have some more acceptances to send out. I also saw the 2014 forum page and it looked like acceptances were being sent all the way through the first or second week of March. There's still hope but this wait is killing me!
I checked the fb page as well and my friends who got accepted are not in the group, so the number doesn't really tell anything. And yes, I hate waiting even though I know there is nothing that I can do.

Reactions: 1 user
So I just called the admission office and they said they only sent out a small number of acceptances, still have like ~ 100 applications to review. The rest of acceptances will be sent through mid March.

Reactions: 4 users
So I just called the admission office and they said they only sent out a small number of acceptances, still have like ~ 100 applications to review. The rest of acceptances will be sent through mid March.
Bless your soul! You are my new favorite mystery person!! So do we think they've been sending out denials as well?

Omg you made my day!

They only interview <300 so wouldn't that mean they have already gone through 2/3 of the applicants? I hope not but the information seems conflicting. Unless they are still looking at some of the ones already gone through.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance email today around 11 am. Applied right at the deadline and interviewed 1/27

I interviewed on 1/13 and received my acceptance this morning. It was quite a long wait, but I'm glad I was finally accepted since it's my first choice. Does anyone know the link to the class of 2021 Facebook page?

do you know of anyone who has received a rejection ?
I interviewed on 1/13 and received my acceptance this morning. It was quite a long wait, but I'm glad I was finally accepted since it's my first choice. Does anyone know the link to the class of 2021 Facebook page?
Congrats!! The Facebook page is
UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy Class of 2021.

This wait is killing me...

Waitlisted this morning around 9am! Accepted the offer in case I don't get into my top choice :)

Does everyone who got an interview, and not an acceptance just get placed on the alternate list?

Also, if we are on alternate list, is there a way to check what place we are?

I got waitlisted as well this morning. I call the office just now. They told me that unlike UCSF, they do not give a number or rank the alternate applicants. Once someone declines the offer, they will look at all applicants in the alternative pool equally and re-evaluate each person and make a decision from there.

I'm pretty sure that they deny people as well because going through ~210 people every time someone gave up their spot would take forever

Is there anyone who hasn't heard back yet? whether accepted or waitlisted?

I got waitlisted as well this morning. I call the office just now. They told me that unlike UCSF, they do not give a number or rank the alternate applicants. Once someone declines the offer, they will look at all applicants in the alternative pool equally and re-evaluate each person and make a decision from there.

Thank You!

Good luck to us who got waitlisted! I think they have separated us into batches of waitlist or else it would be hard for them to go back all 210 applicants and pick out new people to accept

Do we get any kind of confirmation after accepting the alternate list offer? I'm afraid that they might not see my email lol.

No they did not send me a conformational email...so I assume they don't send one?

Waitlisted around 3pm yesterday as well-- received a confirmation this morning.

Got accepted off the alternate list this morning !! (9:11 am)

I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning. I am weighing my options between UCSD and UCSF. I am leaning more towards UCSD though.

Got my acceptance off the waitlist today (around 8am)

Why? Whats the reason guys?

UCSD is super selective on who they accept so it seems more exclusive.
there's only 60-65 students they accept in a class so you get a lot of face time with the faculty/staff. you get to know your professors, network a lot better with them, etc.
also, with only 60-65 students per class, it's a close knit environment for the students.
UCSD offers very similar post-graduation opportunities (ex: residency) as UCSF.
A LOT of UCSD graduates get into residency.
also, living expenses in SD are a lot cheaper than in SF.