ucsd ochem for med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christymin_

Reaction score
USCD changed the ochem series so for biological science majors to make ochem more applicable to them. Originally you'd take Chem 40a b c plus Chem 43a ochem lab. Now Chem 40c will be discontinued leaving only Chem 40 a b and Chem 43a lab. How will this effect medical school? Will this count as the full year of ochem required by med schools? I hear some med schools are okay with taking Chem 40 a b and Chem 43a as the year of ochem but some require you take Chem 40c as well which isn't an option for me since its being discontinued.

Members don't see this ad.

Youll be okay. My university has basically the same, and many premeds here take the ochem for biological sciences (not the traditional ochem 1 and 2 which is also offered by the university). Many students have gotten into med schools with only that.

Even more bizarre, the statistics for biological science is offered by our biology department, and not the math and statistics department (all departments in my university have their own statistic courses such as economics, computer science, etc. have their own statistic courses). That isn't a problem for med schools that require statistics.

Youll be fine:)
Thank you so much