UCSD Secondary Due Date Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAMAN

Air Jordan Collector
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just found out I got a secondary from UCSD. I'm happy. Last year I didn't get one form them.

The date on the status check page was that they requested a secondary 9/5/02.

After reading the UC thread I was reading that people were notified about their UCSD secondary by email. However, I was never notified by email. I found out by checking their site. The secondary says that one has one month from the date on the email to return the forms.

So I was wondering...for those who have ucsd secondaries when did you get the email and when was the request date on the status page?

I'm just trying to get an idea of when I should expect an email so I can figure out when exactly I have to have this secondary in by.

Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

SD is processing the fastest out of all the UC's, so you're better off getting it done asap or by 10/5 (if yours allows 1 month). Don't wait for the email--there's a lag between email notices & the online status.

I never planned on waiting for the email and I know there is a lag between the email notice and online status. I was just curious as to how much of a lag there is. How many days between the status page date and your actual email?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
You might want to verify your email address w/ them. Some UC status sites allow you to check your address on file (i forget if SD has that). At the end of July, they sent me an email first, then posted it on the status page the next day.

I actually go to UCSD and am working on my M.S. one floor above the admissions office..............they never sent me an email and because i was bored one day, I decided to check my status and it was approved like 3 weeks before I found out..........oh well, I just did it and turned it in.

Jetson

i'd go to ucsd just for the mexican food... i miss cali!!!!!!!!!
p

Originally posted by poloace
i'd go to ucsd just for the mexican food... i miss cali!!!!!!!!!
p

As a UCSD medical student, I don't know whether to consider this statement offensive or just plain silly.

Originally posted by Cambrian
As a UCSD medical student, I don't know whether to consider this statement offensive or just plain silly.

I think it's valid. You need to be in the right city, because bad Mexican food just sucks.

-RA

it showed up on the status site 2 days after I got the email - but it was DATED as requested on the site as the same date as the email.

could your email be screening/dumping/filing Bulk Mail ?

well i have a hotmail account and before i empty my junk folder i always check the emails. but since the only people that know this email address are the medical schools i have not received any junkmail.

it is sorta odd that a couple of schools i have applied to have sent email to my ucla address which will be closing since i graduated recently. i called the schools that were doing that (Temple and Harvard) and they said that they were going by the email address that amcas sent them this year(I am a reapplicant and the email i used last year was my ucla.edu one). However i find that to be odd since all of the other 20 billion schools I have applied to have gotten my email addy right this year. I also check my ucla account at least once a week to make sure there aren't any important emails still being sent there.

The reason why I would like to know about the exact due date for my app is because I want to include at least a print out copy of my Aug 2002 MCAT score. (I know its not official but I want adcoms to have an idea what I got) So...since scores come back either oct 3rd or oct 7th(from the posts i'm reading and from the aamc website) I want to know if I can wait that long before sending my secondary. The request date on the status page was 9/5/02 therefore if I don't have an email regarding this info I'm assuming my supp has to be there by 10/05.

Since the UCs screen its pretty obvious that SD didn't care about my Aug mcat score(What if they had decided to automatically screen me out based on my old scores?I am a reapplicant and they screened me out last year.). I want them to care about my Aug mcat score so if possible i'd like to wait til they come out b4 sending my supp so i can inform them of what I received.

There is a method to my madness.

I just stumbled onto this post and decided it might be a good idea to check my status online. So I just found out that I was approved for a secondary on 9/5 also. And I didn't get an email either. So that kinda sucks. And I go to UCSD right now as an undergrad.

Haha, me too sunnybunny, looks like ucsd isnt even notifying their own students it seems..........

Jetson

Hehe...looks like theres company. :) Yeah...I got lucky and checked my status for kicks thinking that decisions on me wouldn't be made until my aug scores came in.
I haven't been notified by UCSF either...luckily I checked their page. So now I check the UC status pages like everyday. +pissed+

But anyway...are either of you two aug mcaters? jet915 sunnybunny?

Like I said...I could get their autobio done today and send it off but i want my new scores on there.

Oh well, I guess I'll just give them a call or email them about the situation and ask for a few days extension from the 9/5 one month later =10/5 due date

Nah, I took my mcat last august and last april. Try to get the secondary done, UCSD is already interviewing.......

Jetson

I took the Aug. MCAT, but I also took it last April. I know Davis is waiting until the Aug scores are in, they sent me an email.