Trisana

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
For the activites section there's a section for medical/clinical activities and another for community service/volunteering. If i've been volunteering at a hospital what would it be better to list it under?

tennisguy896

10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
Trisana said:
For the activites section there's a section for medical/clinical activities and another for community service/volunteering. If i've been volunteering at a hospital what would it be better to list it under?

I'd say medical. Community service would be habitat for humanity or YMCA. Anything where you work within healthcare, I would say fits in medical/clinical. G'luck- it's a long secondary.

Trisana

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
thanks

Sorry for all the questions but I'm slightly confused by the wording for this one:

for the Dual Degree Boxes, the first option is: Independent advanced degree and Ph.D. programs: Besides UCSD's NIH supported Medical Scientist Training Program there are a number of other pathways leading to a graduate degree. Medical students may opt to pursue advanced training leading to a M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. in any of the UCSD science or engineering programs. These are individually developed for medical students on a case-by-case basis.

Does this mean that we check this box if we are interested in MSTP?

About the Ads

SeventhSon

SIMMER DOWN
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2005
San Diego
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
Trisana said:
Does this mean that we check this box if we are interested in MSTP?

I am an incoming UCSD MSTP and when I filled out the secondary, i didnt check any of those boxes. Their computer already knows if you're MSTP, but if you're not, they want to know if you are interested in any other dual-degree programs.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.