UCSD secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trisana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the activites section there's a section for medical/clinical activities and another for community service/volunteering. If i've been volunteering at a hospital what would it be better to list it under?

Members don't see this ad.

Trisana said:
For the activites section there's a section for medical/clinical activities and another for community service/volunteering. If i've been volunteering at a hospital what would it be better to list it under?

I'd say medical. Community service would be habitat for humanity or YMCA. Anything where you work within healthcare, I would say fits in medical/clinical. G'luck- it's a long secondary.

thanks

Sorry for all the questions but I'm slightly confused by the wording for this one:

for the Dual Degree Boxes, the first option is: Independent advanced degree and Ph.D. programs: Besides UCSD's NIH supported Medical Scientist Training Program there are a number of other pathways leading to a graduate degree. Medical students may opt to pursue advanced training leading to a M.A., M.S., or Ph.D. in any of the UCSD science or engineering programs. These are individually developed for medical students on a case-by-case basis.

Does this mean that we check this box if we are interested in MSTP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Trisana said:
Does this mean that we check this box if we are interested in MSTP?

I am an incoming UCSD MSTP and when I filled out the secondary, i didnt check any of those boxes. Their computer already knows if you're MSTP, but if you're not, they want to know if you are interested in any other dual-degree programs.

To the UCSD Secondary - Come to danjo. Come a little closer.