1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UCSD Waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Bolo, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Bolo

Bolo Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well...I'm stuck on the waitlist at my number one choice and have a few questions:

-Does movement start around May?
    -Appx. what percentage of people get off the waitlist?
    -Anyone else have experience with this at ucsd?

Thanks!

2. docdude

2+ Year Member

I just withdrew from the waitlist yesterday. I believe everyone was waitlisted that wasn't outright accepted post-interview (there are no post-interview rejections I've heard of on SDN - wall of shame or otherwise - though there have been pre-interview rejections).

Brian (the admissions dude) said that about 70-80% of the class is pulled from the waitlist, so it's a significant amount. But i figure if at this point everyone is waitlisted... it doesn't mean much to be on the list... and they wont let people know how high/low they are until april/may (so I was told in an email). But I'm not waiting no more.

3. docdude

2+ Year Member

This is a quote taken out of an email from Brian Zeglen to me when I asked him about my place on the waitlist:

"I am unfortunately still not able to tell you anything about this, because the honest answer is I don't know and until our interviews are complete at the end of March, not even Dr. Kelly knows for certain."

So the waitlist remains a huge pool of all the non-accepted interviewed applicants till then. Argh.

4. OP
    OP
    Bolo

Bolo Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks..I guess I'll just start bugging them in April. I was under the impression that their waitlist was 'unranked,' but there is probably some ranking to determine who gets off it.