UCSD Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bolo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well...I'm stuck on the waitlist at my number one choice and have a few questions:

-Does movement start around May?
-Appx. what percentage of people get off the waitlist?
-Anyone else have experience with this at ucsd?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew from the waitlist yesterday. I believe everyone was waitlisted that wasn't outright accepted post-interview (there are no post-interview rejections I've heard of on SDN - wall of shame or otherwise - though there have been pre-interview rejections).

Brian (the admissions dude) said that about 70-80% of the class is pulled from the waitlist, so it's a significant amount. But i figure if at this point everyone is waitlisted... it doesn't mean much to be on the list... and they wont let people know how high/low they are until april/may (so I was told in an email). But I'm not waiting no more.

This is a quote taken out of an email from Brian Zeglen to me when I asked him about my place on the waitlist:

"I am unfortunately still not able to tell you anything about this, because the honest answer is I don't know and until our interviews are complete at the end of March, not even Dr. Kelly knows for certain."

So the waitlist remains a huge pool of all the non-accepted interviewed applicants till then. Argh.

Thanks..I guess I'll just start bugging them in April. I was under the impression that their waitlist was 'unranked,' but there is probably some ranking to determine who gets off it.