Ucsd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got mine at 9:27! :D

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got rejected,
Did you guy receive the letter through email or smail mail???
I haven't heard from them. This is such a torture waiting !!!!!

For those who got rejected,
Did you guy receive the letter through email or smail mail???
I haven't heard from them. This is such a torture waiting !!!!!

I still haven't heard from them either. :(

Anymore accepted/rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
provisional acceptance. effing planned non-prerequisites are a thorn in my kaboos.

Hang in there guys! I know how terrible it feels to be stuck in that waiting period... plus more spots are going to open up as UCSF continues to make their acceptance offers. Stay positive... and don't let the uncertainty drive you crazy

Hang in there guys! I know how terrible it feels to be stuck in that waiting period... plus more spots are going to open up as UCSF continues to make their acceptance offers. Stay positive... and don't let the uncertainty drive you crazy

:scared: I can't help, but go crazy!!!! :eek:

I would say my friends' daily questioning drove me crazier with each day. :p

anyone stuck between ucsd vs. ucsf. i thought i decided ucsd but now i'm rethinking about my decision? I love to hear everyone's different perspectives.

UCSF won me over with its people: current students, staff, faculty, and the community overall. Work hard, play hard, love SF!

Anyone else torn between UCSD and USC? Any of you have any input? Aside from personal reasons, of course, are there things about either programs that attract you? I've done some research on my own, hoping to see what I missed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else torn between UCSD and USC? Any of you have any input? Aside from personal reasons, of course, are there things about either programs that attract you? I've done some research on my own, hoping to see what I missed.

for me the choice was easy. USC is way more expensive than UCSD. it all comes down to the money!

I went to UCSD for undergrad. Trust me, having a car will make your life easier. You won't need the car to go to school, but you'll need it to get to everywhere else. La jolla and San Diego is very spread apart, so walking to a grocery store is a pain. Relying on public transportation will make you pull your hair while you wait for a darn bus. Get a car.

did anybody get a confirmation email from UCSD when you accepted their offer of admissions? i sent it in on last thursday but i haven't heard from them yet.

I received an email and I was placed on the alternate list. :(

Does anyone know whether or not the list is numbered? I don't know where I am on the alternate list.

On the alternate list. Anyone else?

I was just accepted to UCSD on Friday as many others were :D Definitely one of lifes sweeter moments. Everyone has different priorities when comparing which school to attend. For me personally though, UCSD is cheaper, has a smaller class size, is in a safer area, all positives compared to USC for me. So glad the whole interview and acceptance process is over with.

Just got placed on the alternate list as well. Does anyone know whether UCSD and UCSF have already started exchanging applicant lists? I got UCSD's e-mail 3 business days after being admitted to UCSF, even though I interviewed at UCSD way back in January and would have expected to hear from them sooner. Perhaps UCSD automatically puts people on the waitlist if they've been admitted to UCSF, figuring that those students are probably going to UCSF anyway?

Well since UCSD only accepts 60 students. They only can send a maximum of 60 acceptance letters out initially (just in case everyone accepted their offer, which of course would never happen). Why UCSD takes longer to hear a response than other Pharmacy schools is because they wait until ALL the interviews have been completed before they start evaluating everyones folder. UCSD said that it typically takes about 100 to 110 acceptance letters to fill their class. So I assume about 60 people are on an alternate list which is sorted by rank. People on that list will be admitted 1 by 1 as the initial 60 accepted students decline their acceptance letter. I could be mistaken but I believe everyone should have been notified by last Friday whether they were accepted, declined, or placed as an alternate.

Just got placed on the alternate list as well. Does anyone know whether UCSD and UCSF have already started exchanging applicant lists? I got UCSD's e-mail 3 business days after being admitted to UCSF, even though I interviewed at UCSD way back in January and would have expected to hear from them sooner. Perhaps UCSD automatically puts people on the waitlist if they've been admitted to UCSF, figuring that those students are probably going to UCSF anyway?

Absolutley not. Joel had mentioned that in his ucsf blog that the schools don't compare applicants. Some people get into both schools, some don't get into either, and some get one but not the other. Ucsd and ucsf only coordinate dates to try to make it more easy on us (like the final date to accept offers etc). I think after April 1st they'll be able to see who has multiple offers and then make phone calls to these people to get them to make a final decision so they can start getting people off the alternate list.

It would not even be ethical for schools to compare applicants and predict their desire!
Is UCSD your first choice?

Was on alternate list as well. Just received my email this late afternoon!

according to new us world report 2012 just released today, ucsd ranks #23.

i was placed on the alternate list. looks like U DUB it is!

Well since UCSD only accepts 60 students. They only can send a maximum of 60 acceptance letters out initially (just in case everyone accepted their offer, which of course would never happen). Why UCSD takes longer to hear a response than other Pharmacy schools is because they wait until ALL the interviews have been completed before they start evaluating everyones folder. UCSD said that it typically takes about 100 to 110 acceptance letters to fill their class. So I assume about 60 people are on an alternate list which is sorted by rank. People on that list will be admitted 1 by 1 as the initial 60 accepted students decline their acceptance letter. I could be mistaken but I believe everyone should have been notified by last Friday whether they were accepted, declined, or placed as an alternate.

Hmm, I was under the impression that they accept around 110 students assuming about 40 would go else where then they start pulling students off the alternate list. Although, I do hope you are correct.

according to new us world report 2012 just released today, ucsd ranks #23.

Yeah, kudos to UCSD! They rose 12 ranks within 4 years! That's impressive, especially since they were founded in 2000. Respect.

Rejected this morning, two emails to remind me the bad news.

Interview: Stellar
Written portion: Bombed
Cumulative GPA - 3.9+
Science GPA - 3.9+
Pharmacy Experience - Work/Volunter 3 years+
Research Experience - 2+ years
Teaching Experience - College, 1 year
Industry Experience - R&D 2+ years
Volunteer Experience - Leadership 2 years +

I chalk it up to me completely bombing the written portion. Accepted to UCSF so I'm not crying. After failing SD's written portion, I had a week to shape up for UCSF and practiced every day. It paid off. Congratulations to all, proud of going to a UC.

ekimed is right. University of Washington.

Rejected this morning, two emails to remind me the bad news.

Interview: Stellar
Written portion: Bombed
Cumulative GPA - 3.9+
Science GPA - 3.9+
Pharmacy Experience - Work/Volunter 3 years+
Research Experience - 2+ years
Teaching Experience - College, 1 year
Industry Experience - R&D 2+ years
Volunteer Experience - Leadership 2 years +

I chalk it up to me completely bombing the written portion. Accepted to UCSF so I'm not crying. After failing SD's written portion, I had a week to shape up for UCSF and practiced every day. It paid off. Congratulations to all, proud of going to a UC.

What do you mean by the written portion? Are you talking about the personal statements for PharmCas or the UCSD supplemental? Because if you are talking about the written essay at the interview, it's simply a way for UCSD to tell that one is competent enough to write a basic essay. Anywho, congrats on your acceptance at UCSF!

Yup. I sounded like a *****. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be dumber than the time I wrote that onsite essay. My brain turned on during the interview two hours later. I chalk it up to insomnia, traveling, studying, work and not preparing for the onsite essay. It requires practice.

There's a balance between extemporaneous and impromptu writing practices on these onsite essays. I failed at both by not preparing/practicing and not writing anything other than equations at all in the past year, respectively.

Yup. I sounded like a *****. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be dumber than the time I wrote that onsite essay. My brain turned on during the interview two hours later. I chalk it up to insomnia, traveling, studying, work and not preparing for the onsite essay. It requires practice.

There's a balance between extemporaneous and impromptu writing practices on these onsite essays. I failed at both by not preparing/practicing and not writing anything other than equations at all in the past year, respectively.

The way I see it, everything happens for a reason... congrats on getting into UCSF! thats a great school and a great accomplishment

I think the essay might have been more than just a test of writing competence...maybe a gauge of essay organization and your ability to effectively use evidence to support your claim. Although, my prompt about which book I would want to live in was very bizarre...

heyyy guysss. i was wondering if you guys have any opinions about ucsd vs ucsf?

did anybody get a confirmation email from UCSD when you accepted their offer of admissions? i sent it in on last thursday but i haven't heard from them yet.

Wow you already chose USC over UCSD and Western?? Are you going to call and decline your acceptance?? You have so many choices that I wish to have one. Congrats!!! :)

Welp, made it official today, toughest decision I've had to make in my entire life, but ultimately I believe it's the best! Looking forward to seeing you all in the Fall!

Welp, made it official today, toughest decision I've had to make in my entire life, but ultimately I believe it's the best! Looking forward to seeing you all in the Fall!

Wow , just curious what made u chose ucsd over ucsf???

Congrats! excited to meet you this September! That must have been a really hard decision, but you have to do what you think will make you the happiest :)

For those who are on alternate list,
Have you guys heard from ucsd at all??? Please keep us posted!!! :)

For those who are on alternate list,
Have you guys heard from ucsd at all??? Please keep us posted!!! :)

My friend just got pulled from the alternate list this morning...received the email of admissions offer around 8:30 am! Good luck!!!

I got pulled off the alternate list yesterday at 2PM! There is hope for everyone who is on the waiting list :D I was expecting the worst but I am ECSTATIC to be attending UCSD in the Fall!!

I also got pulled off the alternate list on Friday. ... Is there a facebook page for class of 2016 everyone??