Ucsd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just checked my email about an hour ago, and I got a rejection letter from UCSD. It was sent at 2:30pm. I kinda bummed. UCSD was my #1 school.

I interviewed on 1/28, 12pm session. Here are some of my stats: Graduated B.S. Bio with a 3.87 GPA. Worked at CVS as a tech for 2 1/2 years. Volunteered at hospital and also heavily involved with community service.

I guess I will have to be a trojan now!

what was your undergrad school? those are really good stats.

see you there! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Regarding the certiphi...this is the email I received (the date after my acceptance from ucsd)

Subject- Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request
From- studentedition@certiphi

"Dear (name) -

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the AACP-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. Please note that the requesting school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting school's admissions requirements."

I suggest you call the school if you received the email...maybe you did get accepted. You never know.. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses, everyone! Yeah the email said that exact thing except for the reminder on top telling me they sent it ten days ago and I haven't done it (I never got that first email). I guess I'll just consent to the background check since I'm probably going to need to do it anyways and then I'll call the school on Monday and see what's going on. I really hope this isn't false hope:xf:

Hello all! I just wanted to input that I too received the certiphi email yesterday afternoon - I interviewed at USC and was consequently put on active consideration, so I don't think it came from them - I was also interviewed and accepted to Midwestern, Glendale, but this was way back last September - I hope that this might be coincidental enough to hope for the best? I interviewed at UCSD on 1/27, by the way. Fingers crossed! :xf:

Hello all! I just wanted to input that I too received the certiphi email yesterday afternoon - I interviewed at USC and was consequently put on active consideration, so I don't think it came from them - I was also interviewed and accepted to Midwestern, Glendale, but this was way back last September - I hope that this might be coincidental enough to hope for the best? I interviewed at UCSD on 1/27, by the way. Fingers crossed! :xf:

Are you going to go ahead and do the background check or wait until you actually hear from ucsd?

I went ahead and did it (only $15), but after checking to see if it was legit or not first (pharmcas indicates that certiphi is used by several pharm schools for their background checks). I don't see the harm in having it done, and the sooner the better I suppose. I'm a bit reluctant to call and ask UCSD if they were the ones who asked for it - because if they actually haven't gone over my application/interview yet, then I feel it would jeopardize my chances of acceptance.

I went ahead and did it (only $15), but after checking to see if it was legit or not first (pharmcas indicates that certiphi is used by several pharm schools for their background checks). I don't see the harm in having it done, and the sooner the better I suppose. I'm a bit reluctant to call and ask UCSD if they were the ones who asked for it - because if they actually haven't gone over my application/interview yet, then I feel it would jeopardize my chances of acceptance.

Oh gosh now I'm wondering if I should call...I figure if I mention the unexpected background check, that that would justify my call rather than me sounding like I just don't have patience haha.

Maybe I'll wait and see if emails go out Monday or Tuesday before I call.

I was going to wait until next week as well =) If the admissions committee convenes every Wednesday, then I'd wait until then. Either way, it means that SOMEONE has accepted the both of us! :)

I was going to wait until next week as well =) If the admissions committee convenes every Wednesday, then I'd wait until then. Either way, it means that SOMEONE has accepted the both of us! :)

I like the way you think;). I'll emulate you and wait a little longer to see if they'll send us anything.

It's a miracle! I got innnn! Got an email 10 min ago. Don't lose hope guys I thought i bombed the interview.

Just got the email too!

I guess certiphi did preemptively let me know I was accepted. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the acceptance email as well! Looks like te certiphi email was indeed a good indicator! Congrats to my fellow future classmates, and fingers crossed for those waiting as well! Dont give up hope !

Well, I have given up hope as I already have a denial letter. It's just a question of whether or not I ever apply to UCSD again. I'm guessing no....

Congrats to those who got the acceptance emails today. If you guys don't mind me asking, what were your interview days? My friend is still waiting...she interviewed on the 13th and we haven't seem much from the 13th in this thread. Thanks!

for those people who accepted the offer of admission at ucsd, and emailed them back, did u guys get a confirmation email (stating that they received ur email ) yet?

and how did u guys respond to the acceptance letter?
just a simple: i accept! ?

Last edited:
Congrats to those who got the acceptance emails today. If you guys don't mind me asking, what were your interview days? My friend is still waiting...she interviewed on the 13th and we haven't seem much from the 13th in this thread. Thanks!

I interviewed on the 27th =)

I was 1/14 morning. Got denial email 2/16 (though it was dated 2/11)

I'm from the 13th! I was in the morning group.

I interviewed the morning of the 13th. A friend of mine interviewed in the afternoon block and he hasn't heard back yet. Hope that helps!

Really hope I hear something soon... I'm so impatient and the waiting is driving me crazy... especially because friends/family ask me about acceptances on a daily basis. If I don't hear something by the end of this week.... I'm just going to assume I'm on the alternate list :/

just got a "due to conflicts...we wont be notifying until after March 8th" email -_- that weekend marks 2 months since I interviewed...sigh haha. Oh yes...they also mentioned "thank you for the patience". :)

just got a "due to conflicts...we wont be notifying until after March 8th" email -_- that weekend marks 2 months since I interviewed...sigh haha. Oh yes...they also mentioned "thank you for the patience". :)

Me too got the email at 9:02am

What email is this? I still haven't heard anything from the school. I am getting more and more nervous

Here is what the email said....
Dear Applicant,
Due to a conflict in schedules the admissions committee will not be meeting this week. Therefore we will not be sending any notifications till after March 8th, 2012.

We appreciate your patience.

So does this mean they haven't reviewed our applications yet?..... the wait is killing me

Dear Applicant,
Due to a conflict in schedules the admissions committee will not be meeting this week. Therefore we will not be sending any notifications till after March 8th, 2012.

So does this mean they haven't reviewed our applications yet?..... the wait is killing me

I received the same email this morning...The wait is killing me!

I received the email too!!! Almost have a heart attack when I saw the email's tittle from UCSD !!! What a torture!!!

Got the same email. Got this feeling I'll be on the alternate list.

Dear Applicant,

Did anyone not get the email like I do? It seems like people who did not hear back yet receive the email... the wait is killing me

Did anyone accept their offer yet? If so, did you apply for housing?

Not yet! I'm still waiting to hear back from UCSF! But it's so tempting. I loved Skaggs! :D

I received that email as well.... oh the wait..

Is it just me, or is the admissions office impossible to reach by phone?? -__-

has anyone accepted the offer for the class of 2016? I accepted mine today! is there deposit??

has anyone accepted the offer for the class of 2016? I accepted mine today! is there deposit??

I emailed the admissions office to ask if a deposit is required, and they said that they do not require a deposit. :)

right on! that's what i thought too. super legit! =)

That's awesome. Thanks for letting us know! :oops:
Haven't heard back regarding financial aid though.

I understand the sentiment, but there's a deadline to accept offers to prevent exactly this.

Deadline doesn't mean anything. All you have to do is say I will go and then hold it till June. During June, you withdraw your application by giving some BS reasons.

This can only be prevented if and only if the school forces you to drop all your other applications at other pharmacy school. But this will never happen.

Deadline doesn't mean anything. All you have to do is say I will go and then hold it till June. During June, you withdraw your application by giving some BS reasons.

This can only be prevented if and only if the school forces you to drop all your other applications at other pharmacy school. But this will never happen.

I thought UCSF actually forces you to drop all other applications if you accept?

It was mentioned at the UCSD interview, that UCSD will call the admitted applicant if he or she has accepted more than one offer and give the applicant about 30 seconds to tell UCSD on the phone whether they will choose SD or not.
(But of course, this phone call will be made after the April 6th deadline.)

Legit as in wasting waitlist people time because people hog the spot till June or before school starts.

I don't think it's fair to assume that just because there is no required deposit that those who have been accepted will hog the seats and waste the time of those who have been waitlisted. Some of us who have been offered admission are waiting to hear back from other schools (like UCSF), and that's why we haven't officially accepted or declined UCSD's offer yet. Even if we do "hog" our seats at UCSD until June or sometime during the summer before school starts, maybe it's because some extenuating circumstances arose and we had to eventually give up our seats, or because we were waitlisted at our top choice schools and finally heard back from those schools. We are all just trying to make the best and most informed decision for ourselves regarding where we will end up going to school this fall... not just trying to make up BS excuses.

anyone stuck between ucsd vs. ucsf. i thought i decided ucsd but now i'm rethinking about my decision? I love to hear everyone's different perspectives.

anyone stuck between ucsd vs. ucsf. i thought i decided ucsd but now i'm rethinking about my decision? I love to hear everyone's different perspectives.

Congrats on your acceptances!! Thats so exciting. I haven't heard back from either school yet, but i'd be happy to share my thoughts with you.
From my personal experience interviewing at the schools UCSF made a better impression on me simply because of the structure of the interview process. The faculty at both schools were very nice and welcoming, but I felt UCSF was more genuine. Of course UCSF is ranked higher, but both schools have excellent programs and ranking isn't everything.
The fact that UCSD's courses are pass/fail is a big plus in my book (less pressure). Also the fact that SD's class size is half of what SF's is has both advantages and disadvantages. And both schools are in great locations, so that is based purely on your personal preference. La Jolla is a more laid back quiet city and San Francisco is very busy with a diverse culture (and more expensive housing). I'm personally from SoCal so SD is closer to family/friends, but I've never experienced SF so it could be a great change of scenery.
You should also take into account what field of pharmacy you are personally interested in and compare which school's program can offer you the best fit. Overall these are two very excellent schools, and no matter which one you choose I'm sure you'll have a good experience.
Good Luck with your decision!!

(oh and I guess if it was me I would choose UCSF, I really fell in love with everything about the school when I went for my interview. But like I said your decision should be based on which school would be a better fit for you!)

Got my acceptance at 10:20 this morning!!!! (9:20 pacific time) AHHHHH! I'm so excited :)