-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ucsd
Started by ghoorii
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone have an approximate idea as to cost of living and tuition for out of state student wishing to attend here?
You can Find that info here: https://meded.ucsd.edu/assets/25/File/StudentBudgets1112SOP.pdf
Last edited:
does anyone know how many interviews they gave out this year?
I think every year they interview about 240-250 people
does anyone have an approximate idea as to cost of living and tuition for out of state student wishing to attend here?
Here is the tuition for ucsd pharmacy school: http://students.ucsd.edu/finances/fees/registration/fall-2011/Pharm-registration-fees-static.html
My friend pay about $500/month for apartment rental, she's sharing a 2bedroom with another person
The interview went well. They give an hour presentation about the school and then you begin interviews or writing your essay. Very casual prompt so enjoy! My interviewers were relaxed and made me feel comfortable, it was a great experience. Good luck to everyone!
Last edited:
it seems to be a good experience for you =] do you have one student pharmacist and a faculty at your interview?The interview went well. They give an hour presentation about the school and then you begin interviews or writing your essay. Very casual prompt so enjoy! My interviewers were relaxed and made me feel
comfortable, it was a great experience. Good luck to everyone!
it seems to be a good experience for you =] do you have one student pharmacist and a faculty at your interview?
I had one student pharmacist and one pharmacist doing a fellowship.
it seems to be a good experience for you =] do you have one student pharmacist and a faculty at your interview?
My favorite part was the essay. So random, yet also a breath of fresh air. I also enjoyed talking to Jessica (a 4th year) and learning more about her views on the program. For my interview, I had a 2nd year and a Chem PhD. Luck of the draw? Or is it because my undergrad degree is Chem? Who knows. Anyway, it wasn't too bad at all. Typical interview questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview at 12pm on Friday as well, but I am interviewing in LA on Saturday so I cannot help you....Good luck with rescheduling, and I'll see you there dPharm1 !
I have an interview at 12pm on Friday as well, but I am interviewing in LA on Saturday so I cannot help you....Good luck with rescheduling, and I'll see you there dPharm1 !
Thank you for replying back! good luck on your interviews

ok
Last edited:
Beyond nervous about the response. Does anybody know when? how?
They finished all interviews this past weekend and will start meeting all this month. Earliest responses will be end of Feb with most in early Mar. 🙂 Hang in there!
It'll be interesting. If you stalked last years thread, some heard back within a week after the interviews were completed...so I'm not sure what to think :x getting a bit anxious hah
ok
Last edited:
Hooray! Got an acceptance from Skaggs via email just now. Simplifies the whole application process from here on out. =)
Congrats! What are your stats? Your post just made me soooo nervous...Now I will be checking my email every 2 minutes, hopefully I won't have to do that for the next 3 weeks.


Congrats! What are your stats? Your post just made me soooo nervous...Now I will be checking my email every 2 minutes, hopefully I won't have to do that for the next 3 weeks.![]()
LOL...so much truth.
Congrats! What are your stats? Your post just made me soooo nervous...Now I will be checking my email every 2 minutes, hopefully I won't have to do that for the next 3 weeks.![]()
3.79 GPA. Volunteering at a free clinic since September 2011. Graduated 2009, been working as a teacher since then. A few other random extracurricular activities.
yay!!! i got my acceptance letter as well!!!! i am 100% going to go to ucsd!!!
Congrats to those got accepted! I would like to ask when was your interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who got accepted! I'm a first year in UCSD. I'm excited to meet everyone next year! you guys should create a Facebook group; its a create way to contact each other before school starts. Our classes facebook group is UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Class of 2015.
Good Luck to everyone else. Don't stress, That's the worse thing you can do to yourself.
Good Luck to everyone else. Don't stress, That's the worse thing you can do to yourself.
did everyone get admissions? is this a trickle process? do i stand a chance if i interviewed with no acceptance or rejection? does UCSD consider reapplicants?
From talking to my friend who's a P1 at UCSD, the admission committee has only had one meeting so far. He was surprised that I got my admissions letter so soon, since he thought they were still reviewing files and would send them all out at once.
So it sounds like they're not done with the admissions decisions. My theory is that I got mine earlier since I did interview on the first day (1/13).
So it sounds like they're not done with the admissions decisions. My theory is that I got mine earlier since I did interview on the first day (1/13).
My mentor said no news is good news
Has anyone else heard anything yet?
Just received an offer of admissions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just received an email. I am so happy right now I'm about to cry... This was my #1 choice 😳
Just received an offer of admissions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just received an email. I am so happy right now I'm about to cry... This was my #1 choice 😳
How exciting! I'm still anxiously waiting. When did you interview? and what are your stats? Again, congrats! 👍
How exciting! I'm still anxiously waiting. When did you interview? and what are your stats? Again, congrats! 👍
Thank you so much! Actually I was really surprised that I received the email today, because I interviewed on the last day, 1/28.
Stats: GPA 3.6, several yrs exposure in various healthcare and non-healthcare settings (research, shadowing doctors and pharmacists, volunteering, and leadership positions)
Hang in there!!
Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder if they review applications by interview dates.
It seems as though those who have been accepted are from the same interview dates. Has anyone from jan. 14th receive an acceptance yet?
It seems as though those who have been accepted are from the same interview dates. Has anyone from jan. 14th receive an acceptance yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 1/14 and haven't heard anything back yet either. : /
OMG JUST KIDDING. i just checked my email!!! got an offer for admission!!!
Last edited:
OMG JUST KIDDING. i just checked my email!!! got an offer of admission!!!
omg...this is killing me! When did you get your email? this morning, or yesterday, they work pretty early if it was this morning...btw, congrats!
Does anyone know what UCSD's protocol is for sending out admissions offers and rejections? As in do they send out all acceptance emails first followed by rejections later or do they contact interviewed students with a yes/no in the order that they were interviewed? So far it seems like most of the people who have heard back interviewed either very early or very late, which is quite confusing.
omg...this is killing me! When did you get your email? this morning, or yesterday, they work pretty early if it was this morning...btw, congrats!
I got it this morning. Thanks! Gluck to the rest of you still waiting!!
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K