You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF 2011-2012 Applicants
Started by prepharm14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
haha yeah it definitely won't be easy, still working on my supplemental too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still working on the supplemental as well.
Goodluck everyone!
Goodluck everyone!I guess UCSF is officially starting the application process because I just got an email that told me my application was received as is being processed. They will be mailing out interview invitations in late December and early January so it will be awhile before we start hearing about interviews.
the supplemental is crucial! especially the last essay..still making my way through it lol
I just completed and submitted the supplementary app. For the last questions, I didn't have much to write about, but hopefully it's enough. Good luck everyone!!👍
finally submitted the supplemental....man, that took a while!! now for the waiting...good luck everyone 👍
👍👍 Goodluck everyone!!
I felt my candidate statement was a bit short and weak...sigh. ohh well, hope everything else makes up for it!
I felt my candidate statement was a bit short and weak...sigh. ohh well, hope everything else makes up for it!

anyone gotten any confirmation that they have your complete application?
anyone gotten any confirmation that they have your complete application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone gotten any confirmation that they have your complete application?
I did. But I had finished my application early, around mid-September.
yup i got mine on nov 10 saying that they have everything and are in the process of reviewing. no interview invites till late december/early jan!
I am assuming they email you once they actually start to go over your file and make sure it is complete. I submitted mine on the 31st and I have not received a confirmation email at all o.0...just a receipt for my supplemental payment..
I am assuming they email you once they actually start to go over your file and make sure it is complete. I submitted mine on the 31st and I have not received a confirmation email at all o.0...just a receipt for my supplemental payment..
Yah.. same here. I haven't gotten a confirmation email either. D:
Has anyone else not received a conformation email?? I turned mine in on october 27th and haven't heard anything but the payment acknowledgement. 😕 i hope i am worrying for no reason.
i also still haven't gotten any confirmation and my supplemental was sent in 10/30. so hopefully they're still just working on sifting through everything!!
D
deleted289008
They're working hard on it :] Just sit tight and relax! I know it's hard but enjoy your holidays!
eeek its december and still haven't gotten that confirmation email. anyone else??
okay, confirmation received. phew!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is the first round for interview? UCSF is sure to take their sweet time...the wait is killing me 🙁
When is the first round for interview? UCSF is sure to take their sweet time...the wait is killing me 🙁
From the website, it says that they start sending out invites in mid-December.
yeah from last year it seems the first invites were received on dec 24th, so should be soon...hopefully!
In the confirmation email I received from UCSF informing me that they received my supplemental application, it says: "Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be mailed between late-December and early January. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January."
Hopefully we will all get some good news soooooonn!
Hopefully we will all get some good news soooooonn!
In the confirmation email I received from UCSF informing me that they received my supplemental application, it says: "Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be mailed between late-December and early January. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January."
Hopefully we will all get some good news soooooonn!
That's great to hear. Keeping my fingers crossed

yeah from last year it seems the first invites were received on dec 24th, so should be soon...hopefully!
You're right. I remember it was around Christmas & it was like an early xmas present for most of us. Don't think too much about it, everyone. It's the holidays! Go out & have fun.
Has anyone heard from UCSF yet?
Has anyone heard from UCSF yet?
Only a confirmation that they received all required materials. I hope I get an interview soooo bad!!!! We will find out soooon!
I guess we will find out in 3 more days...hoping to have a merry, merry Christmas 

For those of you who got in or got an interview invite from ucsf, do you guys mind sharing your experiences and gpa? Thank you all so much!!😀😀😀
Last edited:
I emailed admissions asking whether the invites will be sent via postal mail or email....I was told it is going to be by email this year.
Oh really??? I guess I will be checking my email like mad now! Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
really?! interesting! should be any day now then
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).
Here is the link to the sticky thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419
🙂👍
Here is the link to the sticky thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419
🙂👍