UCSF acceptances already??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations you guys.....can't wait to meet you guys in the Fall. As for the SDN-UCSF party....i'm totally down for it. We can maybe go bar-hopping....if you guys are down for that. Like Neonam mentioned....you guys should totally take advantage of the Camping trip that will be held a couple of days before your Orientation Week. You guys will see me there.....since i'm one of the Orientation Counselors.
Calgal03....as for you being waitlisted. I'm not sure what number you are....but you should call OSACA and find out. Just to let you know.....one of my classmates was #7 on the list and he got in.
I know someone mentioned bringing their car in another thread, just to let you know I can't live w/o my car. I drive to work, drive home to visit family in southern Cal and during breaks I drive to Napa Valley and just about anywhere. So if you're anything like me.....I highly suggest bringing your car.
Well ok you guys... if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. bye-bye

Members don't see this ad.

But UCSFpharmgirl8 where do I find parking?
I live in the east bay, (Berkeley) and I'm actually thinking of commuting. Does anyone have any advice on if commuting is a good idea or not? Basically my rent is insanely cheap and I don't want to have to leave if I don't have too. Looks like the commute via Bart/Muni will take about 45 minutes tops. What I'm wondering is if there is a dying need to be close to campus? i.e. will I miss out on a lot of hang out or study group opportunities if I commute.

young skywalker,
commuting should not be a problem. a lot of our classmates commute from the east bay. if your rent at berkeley is cheap, i would just stay there and take the bart/muni to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, if you guys don't join UCSFpharmgirl for the bar hopping thing, I guess I'll have to go along with my big sis and get her drunk! Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to get her tipsy if each one of us buys her a drink for being so selfless and helping us to get where we are.

Skywalker, as for you commuting, yes, a lot of our classmates travel to UCSF each morning from the East Bay. However, I don't think many drive to school since it's so hard to find parking. The school's garage costs about $20/day to park. If you want, you can park your car starting from 12th Avenue onwards for the entire day without a permit. Bart is definitely the preferred method to get to school if you decide to live away from the city.

Whether you decide to live in Berkeley or SF really depends on what kinds of activities you want to get involved in during your first year. If you have a family or other pressing responsibilities, studying might be all you have time for. However, if you want to get involved in the community service projects, student government, fraternities, or just socialize, then living near campus really helps.

hey to all the class of 2008...pm me your Instant messenger names or yahoo or whatever...think it would be cool to get to know many of you, so I at leats know someone in SF...i'm living in Arizona right now, so really no family but a few friends.

Anyways, look forward to hearing from you...mine is MrKurtz999 and if neonam or UCSFpharmdgirl or other current students want to IM that would be great too!

Congrats everyone.

likewise, i do not know anyone who goes to UCSF, so it would be great if prospective or current students could pm me the aim or yahoo screen name. My AIM is pharmacy1111

Hello, I was just thinking, is it possible for people to not get on campus housing? It seems like there are less apartments than students. Should we start looking for some apartments as a backup??

pharmacy111,
yes, by all means you can look for apartments in the vicinity of the campus. i live close to campus in inner sunset area. i think it's sort of early to look them up now as most people won't be moving out until the end of school year (jun-aug). but it doesn't hurt to find out which area you would like to stay at.
good luck.