UCSF acceptances already??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that someone posted on the class of 2008 thread that htey got into UCSF. I was very surprised to see this since I just got the email from James last weekend saying acceptances would not be ready until around April 1. He did say they'd be rejecting some people due to interviews and essays relatively soon. Has anyone had any news from UCSF recently? I interviewed relatively early (late Jan) and have not even heard back about my prereq evaluations yet. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, a friend of mine who had interview last month got rejected.
that's all i can say for now.

In the email it states that "Some offers could be sent earlier, but I have no way of assessing the time frame and will be unable to offer you any additional details from now until then."
I was under the impression that denials based on communication skills will be sent out right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by shal
In the email it states that "Some offers could be sent earlier, but I have no way of assessing the time frame and will be unable to offer you any additional details from now until then."
I was under the impression that denials based on communication skills will be sent out right now.

me too. i assumed the acceptances would come later. but maybe not.

Maybe they are sending acceptances to the most competitive applicants? I am not sure how their process works.
By the way, I also interviewed early - Jan 30.

Yes, I posted my admission to UCSF last Friday. I also got an e-mail from James last week that he would send out rejection letters first, so when I saw the thin letter from UCSF, I thought I got rejected. The envelope was just open, not even glued... so I even doubted that they might send out my letter by mistake! However, I also got an admission letter from UCSD today, so I'm pretty sure that they started making decisions (UCSD said that they would send out the letters at the same time as UCSF).

Since I'm living in San Francisco and the letter was dated as Feb 26, Thursday, I think some of you will get the letter today or tommorrow. (I got an interview on Jan. 30th). I also remember during the interview that UCSF would "randomly" pull out the application files for evaluation, so the early letter does not necessarily mean being more competitive. I think I was just lucky being pulled out earlier :)

I really hope that all of you here would have good news soon...

Congrats on your acceptance to both UCSF and UCSD!

yeap i got into ucsd already also

hey needpharmd, have you decided whether to attend usc or ucsd?

no i'm not sure yet. at the ucsd interview, it seemed like they make the students work hard... which would you choose and why

Originally posted by needpharmd
no i'm not sure yet. at the ucsd interview, it seemed like they make the students work hard... which would you choose and why

I don't think I can answer that question without being impartial. USC was my one and only choice for pharmacy school, and since I'll be attending there this fall, it's become quite an obsession for me. The school and the people have really impressed me, and I'm really excited to be going there.

UCSD is in a great area, and the tuition is much cheaper. Having a small class size can't hurt either. I'm sure both schools have a lot to offer and will provide you with a fine education.

Congratulations on your acceptances to both schools! Keep us posted on what you decide. Maybe we'll be classmates next year ;)

Originally posted by gaza08
Yes, I posted my admission to UCSF last Friday. I also got an e-mail from James last week that he would send out rejection letters first, so when I saw the thin letter from UCSF, I thought I got rejected. The envelope was just open, not even glued... so I even doubted that they might send out my letter by mistake! However, I also got an admission letter from UCSD today, so I'm pretty sure that they started making decisions (UCSD said that they would send out the letters at the same time as UCSF).

Congrats!!! Hope many of us here something soon, I interviewed Feb 13th, so god only knows. I mean, it was on Friday the 13th, so I'm praying that wasn't a bad omen!

Congrats gaza and needpharmd!

:clap:

I am glad to hear that we may not have to wait until next month to hear. I also interviewed at UCSF on Jan 30, though there were problems with my prereqs so I doubt my file will be reviewed early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody get any correspondence from UCSF lately. I've been daydreaming about telling these other schools that I've applied to - to not consider my application anymore because I'm going to UCSF. It's kind of like asking plain Jane for a date and she says that she'll get back to you. Meanwhile the beautiful girl with the great personality says she'll go out with you, and you get to tell plain Jane that you're busy. . . . . I've got too much time to daydream.

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCSF as well. I only applied to UCSF and UCSD, didn't get an interview at UCSD, so this is for all the marbles. I was also under the assumption that denials based on communication skills would be sent for 3 weeks after 2/20 (the date of James' email). I am glad to hear that some acceptance letters are trickling in. Congrats to gaza08! Good luck to everyone.

I'm sweating it out over here...

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to hear good news from UCSF as well. The wait is killing me!!

nothing yet...maybe it's a good sign that at least my communication skills were ok :)

i also got an acceptance last week -so you guys w/ early letters don't think its a rejection based on communication

is there anyone who applied to ucsd and ucsf, got accepted to one and have not heard from another?????

Hey all, I recieved an acceptance letter yesterday from UCSF...I'm truly excited! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
:)

Congrats, Oneday. If you decide to come to UCSF, there will be a camping trip and City Tours planned by the upperclassmen for the incoming class in September, so don't miss out on the fun before you start slaving away studying PChem and CP. PM anyone of us if you have questions about living in SF or how to maneuver around the city.

congrat oneday! when did you have your inteview

congrats oneday. like neoname said, if u choose to come to SF, we'll bring you to check out some good places. haha...

Originally posted by spoons
congrat oneday! when did you have your inteview

Hey thanks everyone! I appreciate it, SDN made the difference, I'm confident of that. Spoons, I interviewed Feb 13th...Friday the 13th...haha

congrat one day!! just curious did you apply to ucsd as well??

Yes, I did apply to UCSD, but I have not heard word from there yet. I have a friend who interviewed Jan 31st along with me, and she receuved her letter Friday of last week. So there should be something fairly soon, when did you interview?

Just wondering if anyone has yet to be rejected from UCSF? Or if OSACA is saving all those till the end...
Congrats to all who have gotten in.

Ok, got my letter yesterday! I'm in!
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

just wondering ....how much is the deposit to SF?

If my memory serves me right, it should be $100 for the deposit. Congrats to all those who got in so far. For those who are still waiting, hang in there.

there's a deposit for sf? i didn't see anything about a deposit...where did it tell?

I think the deposit info will come additionally in the mail? I just completed the online provisional acceptance form.

Yeah, now that you got the thin envelope, once you reply online that you accept the offer, OSACA will send you a thick envelope. It will contain a checklist of things you need to do in order to satisfy admission requirements (transcripts of ongoing coursework, 2 copies of your picture-- passport photo quality-- health clearance, and the deposit) as well as info on housing options, and anything else I forgot. :)

eh...i got waitlisted for UCSF =( does anyone know what the chances are of getting in when you're waitlisted?

ucsf said they have offered 3-40 spots to waitlisted people in the past...but I would think people would not deny their acceptance to UCSF. I could be wrong...

Does provisional acceptance mean, you are not really admitted? Why would they say provisional???

it's provisional because you have to finish bs, send yr transcripts, finish prereqs...whatever applies to yr case...at least that's how i undestand it

yes tanyas is right. provisional acceptance means you need to finish whatever you're doing or plan to do before going to SF. when you're done, they'll give you a final admit in the summer.

The Microbus will be parked on Parnassus in September! I haven't seen UCSFpharmgirl post lately, but I hope she reads this - thank you! The interview tips you posted a few months ago were most helpful. I can't wait to get on an under 6' team at Millbrae, the microbus will be working the lane. Microbus out

By the way I did get into UCSF. So UCSFpharmgirl, neonam11, youngskywalker, etc, I will see you in fall :)

Right now I gotta roll up my sleeve and get 1000+ shots. :(

Hahaha, congrats to all those on SDN who got accepted. I hope to party with each and everyone one of you! :hardy:

yeah, good idea. we should have an sdn-ucsf party!!

hey microbus, living daylights, young skywalker, etc....well done on the provisional...looking forward to gettin to know yall from SDN in the future!! Hopefully, I don't screw up the provisional requirements...how sad would that be, and does that ever happen?!

SDN-UCSF party...so down for that, especially before the year actually begins....back to school, I can't wait...I am tired of the 40 hr work week! Avoir.

Secrest....out (what a jerk, this guy ryan is)

haha

Hey UCSF people!!! After long thinking and advice from my friends, I decided to go to UCSF.

So microbus, living daylights, young skywalker, etc. I will see you at UCSF this fall!!!

P.S. AIM me at pharmacy1111

I got into UCSF TOO! *My first post!

cotillas.gif

OK UCSF people!!! you gave me no choice but to stalk all of you...so I'm adding you to the class of 2007/2008 list whether you like it or not! :D :cool: .....young skywalker, 64microbus, livingdaylights, pharmacy111, and spyris. Am I missing anyone?

For those of you accepted to UCSF...how much time are you given to accept the offer? I'm still waiting for my letter...but am away from my apartment for the next week or so and won't be able to get my mail. In the case that I do get into UCSF I just want to make sure I reply in time! Here's hoping there is an acceptance letter waiting...........:rolleyes:

pharmdgrl, they give you 14 days from the date of the letter. Since you can accept on-line, you can accept instantly. You don't have to factor in postage time. I hope the acceptance letter is waiting for you. Microbus out

karmapatroL, you forgot me.....I think I am joining UCSF crew