UCSF (does it really take 8 weeks to hear back?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

souljah1

Attending
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy y'all.

I recently interviewed at UCSF and was told that applicants are waiting 8 weeks on average. I also know that they send out letters around the 15th of every month. I was wondering if anyone who has any enlightening information could shine some light?

Enduring the wait with dignity,
souljah

Members don't see this ad.

it does take about 8 weeks...for the most part, acceptances are sent out the 15th of every month, waitlists sometime a little later, and rejections on the 1st of every month. They have been a bit behind schedule though...

it took me 11 weeks to get that wonderful acceptance letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you decide yet on Hopkins vs. UCSF, postbacchus?

I interviewed there at the very beginning of December and have yet to hear back from them, so I would say at least 8 weeks. Many times it takes longer than 8 weeks.

I was originally worried too...I interviewed end of November and haven't heard a word. However, I called the admissions office and they told me not to worry. In many cases it will take longer than 8 weeks to hear...so just hang in there!

I interviewed at the end of November and it took 6-7 weeks for me to hear back from them. I guess it all depends, but when I was there, the admissions office said that the wait would be anywhere from 8-12 weeks post-interview.

It depends how fast your interviewers 'write you up' in the good sense of the word. I guess if they are prompt and do it right away, you'll hear sooner. Most of them are busy docs, however, so I won't worry about it.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Incendiary:
•Did you decide yet on Hopkins vs. UCSF, postbacchus?•••••Not yet. I'm waiting for financial aid stuff (if my parents would ever do their taxes!) and the 2nd look weekends before I make a final decision. Thanks for asking!