UCSF "HOLD" Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bengal Tiger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently (two weeks ago) got a letter from UCSF stating that i am on hold until their first round of interviews are complete. Does anyone have good strategy for boosting one's "hold" application without sounding too pushy? Is another letter of rec. in the order? Or would that be just adding to the paper trail.

I am curious to hear any feedback, especially people who have completed secondary at UCSF and have been put on hold.

Thanks

BT

Members don't see this ad.

Campout!

I got rejected and I am planning on going over there and pitch a freaking tent. Anyone wanna come with?

bump
any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends who got a hold for interview last year eventually got an interview (Feb? March? I don't remember when) he didn't do anything for it. If you want to go there, I'd write them a letter saying how excited you are that you might get a chance to interview there because you feel like UCSF is such a good fit for you because... But keep it no longer than one page (so that it actually gets read), and make sure you get a couple of people to proof read it and give you feedback so that it actually has a chance of getting their attention.

If you can generate a LOR that is different than your previous ones in both relationship and how much they love you, especially if they are willing to write a letter directly to UCSF and say how much you want to go there (and if the letter writer has any connection, why s/he thinks you would be a good fit) then yes, send one. But if all you have is another science professor you took a class from, and didn't know extremely well, so probably wouldn't say anything new, it may not be worth it.

of course i would also love to get an interivew there and would do whatever to get one....i also got that same annoying letter...although of course it is better than a rejection b/c when i saw the envelope i thought that it was a rejection. when do the 2nd round of interviews begin anyways...the letter made it seem like you could be interviewedas late as mid april....i would love to get an interview there!!!!