UCSF Interview - Hotel Transport etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UndergradGuy7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a hotel to stay at in SF?

Would renting a car be stupid in a place like SF? UCSF seems kind of far from the airport. Public transport can also be a pain sometimes.
Is it hard to find parking anywhere in downtown SF, if I was to go explore?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Public transportation all the way! Parking is super expensive/inconvenient in the city.

You can take BART from the airport into the city and then the MUNI N-line runs from downtown right next to the school.

Good Luck!

Anyone recommend a hotel to stay at in SF?

Would renting a car be stupid in a place like SF? UCSF seems kind of far from the airport. Public transport can also be a pain sometimes.
Is it hard to find parking anywhere in downtown SF, if I was to go explore?

Thanks.

depends on where u stay. If you stay at a hotel IN san francisco then dont rent a car. but if youre going to stay at a hotel near SFO then rent a car. Because SFO is far~ away from actual San francisco. Public transport is NOT a pain IN san francisco. once youre inside you dont need a car. If you would like to explore downtown DO NOT use a car. You cant find parking outside unless you park in a garage. If youre a country side boy driving around will be hard for you in SF. Most likely you'll get in an accident. Dont feed or give money to the homeless or hipsters lying around the streets. Hope u have fun in SF. I love The City. o and dont stare at gay people walking around naked. this is their natural habitat

Public transport is the way to go. Although give yourself plenty of time. You dont want to be trapped in MUNI on the day of the interview. Happens a lot more than you think!:(:mad: