UCSF Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview from UCSF and I am super excited about it. so I was wondering if anyone knows what they ask in the interview and what kind of essay do we have to write for them? My interview is in mid october... when is yours?
:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I heard the essay question is unpredictable.

Well since your interview is before mine, let me know how it goes :scared: Good luck. Nov 2nd here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview from UCSF and I am super excited about it. so I was wondering if anyone knows what they ask in the interview and what kind of essay do we have to write for them? My interview is in mid october... when is yours?
hi i also got a call from ucsf and wondering about the essay q how does that work

I have interview in oct and im wondering about how they take the test how many preps and what about essay q?

Wait... what essay are you talking about?

I was invited to interview on November 2nd and neither the email, nor their website had anything about an essay (that I could find)

I just got my interview invite on Oct 5th!!!!! Who's gonna be there!!!

i thought ucsf already gave out oct 5 day interview like last week. weird that they dont send out all oct 5 interview in one day

i thought ucsf already gave out oct 5 day interview like last week. weird that they dont send out all oct 5 interview in one day

Ya it's kinda weird, I called this morning to ask about my application because not ALL the schools got my letters of rec package from an month ago. Then an hour later, I got an interview invite. They probably read my file after they pulled it out to check if I have everything and I guess they like what they see. I am really surprsied to be getting an interview there really. Both my DAT and GPA is far below their standards. But hey!!! Not complaining!!!!

I just got my interview invite on Oct 5th!!!!! Who's gonna be there!!!

So David;)
i think UOP is your top choice, and you would attend there in a heartbeat.
Will you still choose UOP even if UCSF accept you?

So David;)

Yeah, I still remember he is the guy who turned down Western for UOP. I'm curious too ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I still remember he is the guy who turned down Western for UOP. I'm curious too ;)

Good memory. . . yes I am the guy who turned downn Western for UOP

So David;)

Haha yap UOP is my top choice and I am def favoring my dream school as of this moment. However . . . I'll have to take into considration that being interviewed at UCSF is also a great honor. It's also a GREAT GREAT school just like UOP. I believe many people would say UCSF is a better school than UOP but that's their opinion. They're on equal playing field in my book. If I do have the privilage to make that decision, I dont know. . . i'll have to seriously think about that tough decision. But I am still gonna be leaning towards UOP like 60% versus 40% UCSF.

Mine is in mid October. So please let us know what they ask you.
Good luck

Well. . . I get this advice from A LOT of my school's alumni. Just be yourself and dont try to know the questions in advance and try to memorize them. Just be who you are and answer the questions truthfully and wear your heart on your sleeves.

Question, did your guys' aadsas status change to "invited for interview" after you got the email from UCSF?
Thanks

Hey I was wondering if you guys know what the closest hotel would be?? Thanks!! btw mine's Oct 12th :love:

Hey I was wondering if you guys know what the closest hotel would be?? Thanks!! btw mine's Oct 12th :love:
look it up. hotels.com there are like over 100 hotels in San Fran!!! It's ridiculus!!!!! I am just gonna stay at my house and take the bart to San Fran

look it up. hotels.com there are like over 100 hotels in San Fran!!! It's ridiculus!!!!! I am just gonna stay at my house and take the bart to San Fran

lol that's exactly why I couldn't find one... 100 hotels..

got my interview for oct. 12, not sure what hotel to stay at or try to find a friend in norcal somewhere

It would be nice to know who will interview us!!! Does anyone know?

Last edited:
It would be nice to know who will interview us!!! Does anyone know?

Hey people, make sure you are CONFIRMED for your interview even if you have already submit a reply e-mail to Bob. I called this morning and good thing I called. I wasn't comfirmed till now!!!! Would've gotten my interview canceled because of that.

got my interview for oct. 12, not sure what hotel to stay at or try to find a friend in norcal somewhere

There aren't any hotels in the area. Just some motels. I would stay at any number of hotels in the union square, downtown, financial district area like the marriot, hilton, hyatt and take the N Judah metro line that will drop you off at UCSF (~20min ride). hope this helps.

I received the "application complete" email August 17th but haven't heard anything from them. Bad news I'm guessing? UCSF is one of my top choices =(

They said they wouldn't respond to individual status inquiries but I kinda want to call...anyone else call on their status? Did most of you who have an interview get your "App complete" email before 8/17?

Stats: 3.45 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA 23TS/23AA/23PAT (lowest score 21)

I received the "application complete" email August 17th but haven't heard anything from them. Bad news I'm guessing? UCSF is one of my top choices =(

They said they wouldn't respond to individual status inquiries but I kinda want to call...anyone else call on their status? Did most of you who have an interview get your "App complete" email before 8/17?

Stats: 3.45 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA 23TS/23AA/23PAT (lowest score 21)
I have the same problem. Got the app complete email on the same date.
Nothing since and I have tried calling them to find out what is up. Lady said my app is under review and that's it.
3.85/3.85 24/22/27. :(

wheeeew!!! I wasnt confirmed either! I talked to Bob and he said they were having some problems with their e-mail filtering system. I am soooo happy i called.

my aadsas just changed to invited for interview but i haven't gotten anything from ucsf yet. do they email you? or call?

my aadsas just changed to invited for interview but i haven't gotten anything from ucsf yet. do they email you? or call?
Call them, it's the fastest way to reach the school without delay.

Wait till Monday afternoon for an email.

do you guys know what we are suppose to take with us to the interview?

do you guys know what we are suppose to take with us to the interview?

Mr. James B said don't bring anything to your interview UNLESS the school asks you to. So don't bring anything with ya.

Hey for those that got UCSF interviews, did you send them your official DAT scores? I don't remember the school asking for it. :confused:

Hey for those that got UCSF interviews, did you send them your official DAT scores? I don't remember the school asking for it. :confused:

I think they wanted them when we sent AADSAS. Check the supp app page...

Yeah! November 9th!!!!!!! Anyone else gonna be there? Any word on what the essay is about?

I will def be slammin down some beers tonight!!!!

Hi everyone,
Those who are invited to interview: Are you guys in-state candidates, or Out-of-state? I have not heard from UCSF regarding interview, and it scares me. I am out-of-state candidate.
GPA: 3.91/3.83
DAT: 21
PAT: 21
Thanks.

Officially I am an Arizona resident. But I lived in CA for 24 years and just recently moved last summer. I put this in my supplemental and I think it helped.

UCSF just doesn't like my app for some reason:( such a bummer.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got an interview to UCSF! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the invite for Nov. 12th. I received it though email and I'm an out of stater. Thanks for everyone's tips for finding a hotel and such. Looking forward to San Fran.

My interview is tomorrow (Monday). Hope to see some of you there.

The essay question is going to be abstract, for example give your opinion about an idea or a situation, they want to see if you can think on the spot and write well, so u can't prepare for it. Also different interviewers ask different questions, check out the interview forum here on Studentdoc and checkout the questions they might ask. Good Luck