UCSF is rejecting (post-interview)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes i did.. i got high priority waitlist... sucksss.. ughhh ... good luck to everyone else though and congrats again to those with acceptance... this thread has actually helped me a lot in the last few days but i guess i won't be reading this thread any longer.

Members don't see this ad.

It's over. Not even a waitlist. god, I'm so depressed... :(

Yup, rejected. Flat out. This after the guy at UCSF told me yesterday that nothing had been mailed. Way to get my hopes up & dash them...

Off to my glass of wine....

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear about the mixed news for all.

I agree with what someone else said earlier -- you hi-pri peeps are probably in a good position.

Swtiepie, if I were you, I would call them and insist that they confirm that they had not lost my app...seriously, you interviewed in Sept! Actually, I probably wouldn't call, but it would be good assertiveness training.

Me, I'm still waiting...no news at all...but I'm at peace with it now.

Kind of.

Yup, rejected. Flat out. This after the guy at UCSF told me yesterday that nothing had been mailed. Way to get my hopes up & dash them...

Oh no, so sorry to hear! :(

I'm so sorry swtiepie... though I only know you from this forum, you seem so kind, caring, and sweet. They shouldn't have rejected you... this is so crushing...I know how you feel, as I have been longing to go to UCSF and the bay area, my home, for med school since I first decided I wanted to be a doctor... but who knows, maybe leaving my utopian bubble of san fran will be good for me. Here's hoping it works out for both of us. Now, to drown my sorrows in really nice dark chocolate. Enjoy your glass of wine. :luck:

I'm starting to think that rolling admissions sucks. So I was interviewed and told I'd be in the Feb. 15th batch (so at least another month of waiting). Waiting is bad enough. But it's really hard to watch everyone go through this. I can't help but feel horrible for the people who were really in love with UCSF. And I feel like they're weeding out the forum of the people who've become SDN comisserators. I mean, if sweetiepie, fujiapple and ladyfingers (and others), leave these forums... that leaves a smaller bunch of regular posters...

Wofsy asked during interviews if we preferred rolling, but it's not fun watching people go through this, and then know that it's our turn next time. So the people who don't get letters first off will just be rejected/waitlisted... blah! I really think the wait would be better if we did NOT check our mail every day because we would all know that it would be coming let's say... March 15th. Then we could actually get on with our lives until then, and then concentrate our worrying over 10 days instead of who knows how many months...

. I mean, if sweetiepie, fujiapple and ladyfingers (and others), leave these forums... that leaves a smaller bunch of regular posters...

I'm so sorry swtiepie... though I only know you from this forum, you seem so kind, caring, and sweet. They shouldn't have rejected you... this is so crushing...

Oh no, so sorry to hear! :(

Swtiepie, if I were you, I would call them and insist that they confirm that they had not lost my app...seriously, you interviewed in Sept! Actually, I probably wouldn't call, but it would be good assertiveness training.

I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words. For a moment there, I felt utterly pathetic.

I was getting the mail from my box, saw the thin envelope from UCSF, instantly knew it was bad news, opened it, and I was ok. 2 minutes later I was not OK - I was bawling. My husband's at work and my parents are gone, so I drove to my mother-in-laws for some company & consolation (she was the #1 idealist - always believing 100% w/o doubt that I would get into UCSF).

Anyways, thank you again & again for your support & thoughts, for sharing your stories and experiences. I think I'm ok with this now.

I mean, I was ok w/ it last week when all the news was going out - I was sure i'd be in last weeks batch. And when I hadn't heard, I called SF yesterday and wanted them to double check that something hadn't got lost in the mail. After a lot of back & forth with the guy on the phone, he said that nothing had been mailed. I was full of joy. Little did I know that was cuz they put it in the mail yesterday - received today. Hopes dashed.

I was torn between UCSF and UCLA, figuring fate would determine this for me. Now that UCSF is out, I turn to you, UCLA, my alma mater, my dear, to send me some of that So-Cal sunshine I've been missing. And if it's not to be so, that's ok, too. I have some great options, a wonderful husband, the most loving family.... I'm going to be just fine

Wofsy asked during interviews if we preferred rolling, but it's not fun watching people go through this, and then know that it's our turn next time. So the people who don't get letters first off will just be rejected/waitlisted... blah! I really think the wait would be better if we did NOT check our mail every day because we would all know that it would be coming let's say... March 15th. Then we could actually get on with our lives until then, and then concentrate our worrying over 10 days instead of who knows how many months...

I was totally going to post this. Do you like rolling admissions? Yes, the kind where they tell you yes, no, waitlist a week later. This mess they have going on is just crazy. Staggering the letters so you spend a month just waiting to find out if you weren't accepted bc you were rejected or just not reviewed yet (in which case it's another month, of course)? I'm totally for decisions in March (in case anyone's listening).

And if it's not to be so, that's ok, too. I have some great options, a wonderful husband, the most loving family.... I'm going to be just fine

This process totally sucks. Keep your chin up. You're going to be a great doctor someday (soon)! Don't forget about the goal at the end of the road. Hey, maybe you'll be back at UCSF for residency ;)

That goes for everyone. And that's all I have to say tonight.

F**K.

You've been the biggest cheerleader here. I hope you are happy with your other options. Let us know where you go.

SF

I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words. For a moment there, I felt utterly pathetic.

I was getting the mail from my box, saw the thin envelope from UCSF, instantly knew it was bad news, opened it, and I was ok. 2 minutes later I was not OK - I was bawling. My husband's at work and my parents are gone, so I drove to my mother-in-laws for some company & consolation (she was the #1 idealist - always believing 100% w/o doubt that I would get into UCSF).

Anyways, thank you again & again for your support & thoughts, for sharing your stories and experiences. I think I'm ok with this now.

I mean, I was ok w/ it last week when all the news was going out - I was sure i'd be in last weeks batch. And when I hadn't heard, I called SF yesterday and wanted them to double check that something hadn't got lost in the mail. After a lot of back & forth with the guy on the phone, he said that nothing had been mailed. I was full of joy. Little did I know that was cuz they put it in the mail yesterday - received today. Hopes dashed.

I was torn between UCSF and UCLA, figuring fate would determine this for me. Now that UCSF is out, I turn to you, UCLA, my alma mater, my dear, to send me some of that So-Cal sunshine I've been missing. And if it's not to be so, that's ok, too. I have some great options, a wonderful husband, the most loving family.... I'm going to be just fine

Swtiepie - I'm so sorry to hear that! I was really pulling for you. SF is right, your eternal optimism has been inspiring, and I'm sure you will hear good news from UCLA!! :luck: :)

Swtiepie - I'm so sorry to hear that! I was really pulling for you. SF is right, your eternal optimism has been inspiring, and I'm sure you will hear good news from UCLA!! :luck: :)

Thanks, Kara! It's so funny - I'm such a natural pessimist, but I was trying SO HARD to be positive through all this - for me, for those around me, etc.

Anyways, really & truly, I wish the rest of you - from those who interviewed way back in the day & have received nothing but silence to those who recently interviewed & are just beginning the wait - the BEST of luck. If UCSF is where you want to go (or least get into & have a chance to revisit), I truly hope your dreams come true! :)

Let's hope next week (2/15 is my sister's birthday :) ) brings y'all some good news!!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Condolences, swtiepie. I know you were really pulling for folks here...

Hope you get some UCLA love. It's but a short flight away...

Sorry, everybody. I thought the carnage had ended a day or two ago, but they seem to love dragging it out with the staggered mailings. Pretty cold. Do they not realize that we're all in contact with each other and that this isn't a completely opaque process anymore? I'm glad you've all shared, too; it's not nice to have company, but it's nice not to be alone, if that makes sense. Better luck elsewhere.

Well, after interviewing in early october, I finally heard that I've been put on the high priority waitlist.... (Letter dated Feb 2, arrived Feb 7 in Chicago)

Anyone know if I have a shot at actually getting off of the waitlist? UCSF was my first choice until (I thought) I bombed my faculty interview (In his words, "I'm sure you'll go to med school somewhere)... so until now I was just waiting to open my rejection in the mail. Surprisingly good news, given that I was pretty sure I was going to be rejected.

I hope you all of you who are waiting here some good news in the coming weeks.. hopefully better news than what I got! Good luck!

PS: They said that I should hear from them again in late April with more definitive information. More Waiting, great! I was almost sick of waiting and not knowing!

I too got the high priority waitlist yesterday (dated 2 Feb) on the east coast. Boo... I know they said at this point being OOS doesn't hurt you, but out of curiosity, how many of you who have waitlisted/rejected are OOS?

fotografía;4718244 said:
I know they said at this point being OOS doesn't hurt you, but out of curiosity, how many of you who have waitlisted/rejected are OOS?

Sorry for the bummer, fotografia! I hope you get off the list!!!

I was rejected, IS

fotografía;4718244 said:
I too got the high priority waitlist yesterday (dated 2 Feb) on the east coast. Boo... I know they said at this point being OOS doesn't hurt you, but out of curiosity, how many of you who have waitlisted/rejected are OOS?

Hi all, I've been reading this thread with bated breath, thanks for all the great info... for what it's worth, I was placed on hold, and I'm OOS.

fotografía;4718244 said:

Where on the east coast are you?

Swtiepie, I'm really really sorry. Damn it....these things are so FRICKEN random sometimes.....:(:(:(

Swtiepie, I'm really really sorry. Damn it....these things are so FRICKEN random sometimes.....:(:(:(

Aw, thanks, Max! I tend to believe that there's less randomness than I originally suspected. I didn't click with my faculty interviewer and feared the worst after the interview. C'est la vie, wasn't meant to be...

Sweetiepie, I'm so sorry :( I know how badly you wanted UCSF.... I truly hope you get into UCLA, your other top choice.

By the way, you have an amazingly optimistic outlook on things.... very inspiring!