UCSF Preceptorship program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esctasy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi..I have been accepted into UCSF periodontics preceptorship program starting winter 2013..Has someone else also applied and got accepted into it..
thanx

Hi .Congratulations :thumbup::thumbup:
..i havnt applied....but i hav some questions
ru an international graduate dentist??
hav u done with dds/dmd here??
ru a PR or us citizen??
Im soo soryy for asking soo many questions,,coz im on h4 and would lik to apply and also im an international graduate...
can u plz share some information abt the program...

yeah im an international graduate..not a PR...u don't need to be a DDS for applying to the program...hope that helps!!

HI!! I d prolly say the one at UCLA is much better......but congrats anyways!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah im an international graduate..not a PR...u don't need to be a DDS for applying to the program...hope that helps!![/QUOTE

Thank you soo much for the rep.
Do you go thru any bench tests for it

vidic27 you are right.. ucla is much better, actually there were the onces who first started the trend of having such programs in united states... I did my preceptorship in perio from ucsf. IT is not a really great program... opting for a quater is more than enuf after that it becomes monotonous and nothing much to do in the clinics. They have some awesome faculty like the Dr. Armitage who can be called father of Perio research today, so if you have interest in literature reviews and writing papers than it is good. Not good for clinical exposure at all. The residents are reluctant towards the Preceptors and it becomes uncomfortable. I think you UCLA is much better option for people who wants to go for preceptorship......

Reactions: 1 users
Hi..! I am an international dentist looking to join the preceptorship at UCLA. I am not sure which is better the 1 year restorative dentistry or the quarterly programs for 3 months. Also, i am thinking of applying to schools this august. Will it be a better idea to do do that Vs applying wit just a month of observership experience? I am really confused. How can i better my application for the August deadlines?

Hi! Is there anyone applying to or accepted into the UCLA preceptorship program 2013?

Hey is anyone joining ucla o ucsf for preceptorship in january?

can you please help me with the biggest dilemma. i am being suggested by many to pursue mha after bds in india to make my resume stronger to get into dds idp programs . does doing mha help getting into dds program or getting preceptorship at ucla is a better option ?
thankyou

vidic27 you are right.. ucla is much better, actually there were the onces who first started the trend of having such programs in united states... I did my preceptorship in perio from ucsf. IT is not a really great program... opting for a quater is more than enuf after that it becomes monotonous and nothing much to do in the clinics. They have some awesome faculty like the Dr. Armitage who can be called father of Perio research today, so if you have interest in literature reviews and writing papers than it is good. Not good for clinical exposure at all. The residents are reluctant towards the Preceptors and it becomes uncomfortable. I think you UCLA is much better option for people who wants to go for preceptorship......
Hey! do u have idea what the OMFS preceptorship is like? ive gotten an offer for the summer module and would love to get reccs regarding it.

Hello everyone!
Do you have any idea whether one can do preceptorship in university on visitor visa?
I appreciate your help!

Hello everyone!
I would like to know whether one can do preceptorship 3 month programme at ucla on visitor visa?
I appreciate your help!