UCSF sched

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reallyanon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I can't seem to find the breakdown of schedules at UCSF. Can someone please post if they know, the sched. for each year. How many elective months each year. I seem to remember that call is varying frequency at each hospital, is this right? also are there caps? I can't seem to find a lot of this nuts and bolts info. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Intern year:
1 elective month; 1 ambulatory month; (no call, wknds off)
5-7 months of wards (q4-q6 depending on location, but usual an equal spread);
2 weeks - 1 month of Moffitt CCU (q4);
2 weeks ED;
2 weeks night float;
2 weeks ICU (q3);
+/- 1 month of SF General CCU (q3); (approx 2/3 will have this)
+/- 1 month of Moffitt Liver Transplant (2 calls per month) (approx half will have this).

R2/R3: Too confusing to report as it is different for each area of distinicion: PRIME (the categorical clinical research pathway); Molecular Medicinde (Categorical basic science pathway) ABIM Short tracking pathway); UC Primary Care, SF General Primary Care; Global Health; Health Equities; Health Education; Leadership.

But basically it's going to be 6 inpatient and 6 elective months R2 year and R3 year by June of 2008 (currently it's 7 and 5).

Hope that helps.

Intern year:
1 elective month; 1 ambulatory month; (no call, wknds off)
5-7 months of wards (q4-q6 depending on location, but usual an equal spread);
2 weeks - 1 month of Moffitt CCU (q4);
2 weeks ED;
2 weeks night float;
2 weeks ICU (q3);
+/- 1 month of SF General CCU (q3); (approx 2/3 will have this)
+/- 1 month of Moffitt Liver Transplant (2 calls per month) (approx half will have this).

R2/R3: Too confusing to report as it is different for each area of distinicion: PRIME (the categorical clinical research pathway); Molecular Medicinde (Categorical basic science pathway) ABIM Short tracking pathway); UC Primary Care, SF General Primary Care; Global Health; Health Equities; Health Education; Leadership.

But basically it's going to be 6 inpatient and 6 elective months R2 year and R3 year by June of 2008 (currently it's 7 and 5).

Hope that helps.

UCLA2USC-I PM'd you a question re. ucsf. thanks