UCSF Secondary for out-of-staters!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoping2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys! check your UCSF status page! they're starting to request secondaries from out-of-staters. and my stats aren't even that good :) (okay MCAT)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats, hoping!

still no love for soonerpillow, though. :(

But I'll keep looking. :D

congrats...still haven't gotten anything here, but here's to "hoping" :)

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I haven't heard anything either. :(

hoping2004: congratulations! what are your stats?

Was an email or letter sent to people who will receive secondaries? It says a secondary was requested on 8/22 on my status page, but I haven't seen anything else from them so far.

I'm an in-stater who just now got her secondary. Woo hoo! :clap:

any more out of staters hear if they got a secondary? if you did, when was your AMCAS verified (per their site)

thanks
lux

Originally posted by Lux Aeterna
any more out of staters hear if they got a secondary? if you did, when was your AMCAS verified (per their site)

thanks
lux

My AMCAS data was verified on 7/28 and I received a secondary on 8/26. (I'm an out-of-stater.)

hey all,

my amcas was verified on 7/28. i got my secondary invite on 8/15. they verified its completion on 8/28. i'm an out-of-stater too. good luck everyone!

anyone have any idea how many secondaries they send out?

Originally posted by superk0725
anyone have any idea how many secondaries they send out?

Someone said on another thread 1400 secondaries I believe.

THanks for the info, people who posted above. Here's to waiting... c'mon ucsf!

I finally got my secondary today and my amcas was verified on 7/28/03 as well. I think it's a long process so don't stress out about it if you haven't heard yet.

got my secondary invite today...i also was verified on the 28th. there is hope!! :)

from the msar: out of approx 5000 applicants they select 1400 for the secondary...and out of those, 500 typically interview. :eek:

We're about halfway through the 10 weeks they say it might take to get a secondary (for those of us verified on 7/28). Has anyone else gotten the nod?

I'm still waiting....

hi
got verified on 8/7, just heard today for the secondary (9/8)

Originally posted by spumoni620
got my secondary invite today...i also was verified on the 28th. there is hope!! :)

from the msar: out of approx 5000 applicants they select 1400 for the secondary...and out of those, 500 typically interview. :eek:

to me it's scarier considering the secondary doesn't contain much additional info. let's hope that amcas app was super duper good :)

how long did it take them to update the arrival of the lor's and secondary? mine have been sent a couple of weeks ago.

Originally posted by tonkatruck
I am only in HS but I can't wait to get my "secondary" from UCSF.

:rolleyes: Stop the insanity...please.